king motor t1000 30.5cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this truck any good v/s a used Hpi baja 5t? what would I need to replace or upgrade if anything?, and does it hold up?
Thanks.

If you believe the 'Non-Clone Gang', EVERYTHING!!

If you believe the 'New Wave Clone Wars Gang', as much as you would on a standard HPI 5T, as virtually NOBODY runs a full 100% HPI 5T - most are at very best 10-20%, the rest are hop-up NON HPI parts .....

I'm sick of this stupidity as well ... check older threads on KM T1000's and see what they've changed - normally it's electronics and front chassis.

Al.

Again, if a basic roller was offerred(no engine, no electronics, no body) and it was less than $400 then I would consider it. I would not mind having a rig at work to kill the time.

i used to be in the non clone gang but have switched sides and have buit many of what i call hybrids and saved alot of money over buying a tru hpi, if you are on a budget then replace as it breaks with the upgrdaes if not then get all the turtle braces, and a clutch system, and some flm dog bones and cups there are slightly better ones but alot more money for not much more performance. all theese thigs you would to to the same 5t

my baja is a hybrid using parts from k,m rovan, hpi, and sq, and to be honest i,ve allways found k,m parts last the longest the drive shafts are £6 each and are lot stronger than hpi ones. same with the clutch £12 with a red spring. the hpi one retails at £30 its a no brainer why pay more when the parts are as good .as for the whole clone debait lets not forget hpi themselves use a clone c,y motor a copy of the zenoah. and allmost all hpi owners ditch there standard parts and use hop up parts.

more than will admit im sure. im on that forum, and i got talked to once for mentioning my km so yah theyre pretty hpi pro there
Well yeah, it is a HPI baja forum, not a HPI Clone Forum. LOL

My clone is still going strong, no major breakage issues, although I have upgraded some of the known weak links, which are also HPI weak links as well, so its a wash. I actually had a HPI owner admit to me at the track that he was impressed with my KM and that I wasnt working on it all day like he was with his HPI car. I ran 4 tanks to his 1/2 tank!

yah got my t1000 runnning again other day, decided to since i had nuttin better to do, try recharging the rx ddm battery, sinc elast time it woodnt start up, and with KB on there if batt is to low it wont start, and sure nuff it fired right up, need to filler up, pop on that gen lee body i did and get ta runnin up the road with it, lol oh, yah like you, nothing has broken except the PS on 2nd tank of gas, rreplaced it with a collared one and no issues since. i did upgrade alot of stuff on mine, long list of things. but nothing was ever broken, and when that 2nd gear pops in, oh man it screams.

I have both an HPI 5B, and a KM T1000, and my KM is a much better rig. The only reason for that though IMO, is my HPI is several years old and I run it pretty hard. My KM is brand new and has upgraded parts right out of the box, and while I do drive it hard as well, I haven't hammered on it as long as my HPI. Quality of parts seems to be the same, both take pretty hard hits without breaking, and I really enjoy driving both. I did buy my HPI used and had to replace several broken parts at that time, but haven't had a problem since. I'd like to have a brand new HPI 5T to compare side by side to my new T1000.

Last edited:
yah got my t1000 runnning again other day, decided to since i had nuttin better to do, try recharging the rx ddm battery, sinc elast time it woodnt start up, and with KB on there if batt is to low it wont start, and sure nuff it fired right up

Why would the battery have anything to do with the starting????? The engines are self sustaining. Unless you mean you have a kill switch fitted.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks