King Motor T2000 still doesn't run very long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Leavitt

Hi again uall, I'm still havingtrouble with my king motor t2000 truck with the fuelie 30.5cc engine. I've changed the ignition, plug, and Iswitched the aluminum intake manifold to another plastic one with all new gaskets from the motor to the airfilter mount?!? I started it up ran for about 5-10 minutes and it'll be getting to about 230-240°F, then it'll start cutting out when I throttle down for a jump or corner until it finally just dies?. Please can someone help me out, oh ya it also has a puddle of fuel in the airfilter mount when I take the airfilter off? Thank you, Marty, M. Leavitt. AKA, getting ready to go brushless with it like I did to my LST XXL2! Hahaha

Hi again uall, I'm still havingtrouble with my king motor t2000 truck with the fuelie 30.5cc engine. I've changed the ignition, plug, and Iswitched the aluminum intake manifold to another plastic one with all new gaskets from the motor to the airfilter mount?!? I started it up ran for about 5-10 minutes and it'll be getting to about 230-240°F, then it'll start cutting out when I throttle down for a jump or corner until it finally just dies?. Please can someone help me out, oh ya it also has a puddle of fuel in the airfilter mount when I take the airfilter off? Thank you, Marty, M. Leavitt. AKA, getting ready to go brushless with it like I did to my LST XXL2! Hahaha
Try leaning the low speed needle alittle and see what that does,

Sounds to me like you are getting vapor lock in fuel system caused by gas cap not venting. Try running with the gas cap louse to let in air in tank.
Would I be able to blow from the outside and clear it, but it'll just stop air flow again? Because when I did that the first time it was plugged and hard to clear it. Hahaha it's running a lot longer, and I can baby it back to the house without it just quiting, I think you're on the mark anyway. Thanks again, Marty, M. Leavitt.
Sounds to me like you are getting vapor lock in fuel system caused by gas cap not venting. Try running with the gas cap louse to let in air in tank.
Nevermind I answered my own question by sticking the eye side of a sewing needle into the hole in

Last edited:
Crap hit the wrong button, but anyway into the hole on the inside of the cap and jiggled it around while I was blowing on the outside hole, and as soon as I pulled the needle out it was free for a second but pluggedright up again. Hahaha wow this post is going to sound like something other than rc isn't it, sorry uall didn't mean to sound kinda perverted with my gas cap. Thanks again, I think I got it now

Marty,
I read through all your posts on your engine. Here's my honest thoughts and please do not take any offense but the way you are going about trying to fix your issue is the fact you are just running circles around the issue and not gaining any true diagnostic information. Seems to me you're just guessing based upon other member's suggestions and just wasting money on buying replacement parts that obviously are perfectly good to begin with. There and really only two reasons a 2 stroke engine runs poorly or doesn't run at all and that fuel delivery or lack of compression. Many people immediately blame the ignition coil on bad performance but the ignition coil almost never goes bad. A far more common issue is dirt or ethanol gunk in the carb or a worn piston ring and low compression. You are saying your engine runs good until it get up to full operation temp and then dies ?

I'm with Bill on this one. One of the issues I noticed with my new Rovan is the fact the fuel cap is not properly vented. The cap is designed to vent with a check valve type rubber gasket, but the inner bellows had no hole, nor did my plastic cap. If you look at the HPI baja SS assembly manual diagram on pp 81 you will see a detailed illustration as to how the check valve type vent system works. On my Rovan I had to drill a small through hole in part "d" and I had to drill a small through hole in my plastic cap "a". Without fuel cap venting you create a vacuum condition inside the fuel tank as the fuel level decreases causing fuel starvation to the carb.

Last edited:
And yep that worked, I'm gonna take the rubber check valve breather piece that's all mangled up for some reason out for now, just to save from spilling so much gas and get new inards when I can afford it. Hahaha heck ya, thanks a lot
I suggest get a MX tank breather, drill a hold in ur fuel cap, out a fitting and then the breather on the fitting and them you'll never have problems again. With the stock garbage system, it can get blocked by dirt so its not very effective off road

I suggest get a MX tank breather, drill a hold in ur fuel cap, out a fitting and then the breather on the fitting and them you'll never have problems again. With the stock garbage system, it can get blocked by dirt so its not very effective off road
That's not what I had to do, come to find out the hole in the aluminum gas cap itself wasn't big enough I had to drill it two sizes bigger. Hahaha running like a champ again! Awesome fun now, thanks again

That's not what I had to do, come to find out the hole in the aluminum gas cap itself wasn't big enough I had to drill it two sizes bigger. Hahaha running like a champ again! Awesome fun now, thanks again
I know but what I'm saying is that installing a mx tank breather on ur fuel cap would be a very good upgrade because, while the stock one might work, after running off road it will clog VERY easy vs doing this upgrade, it will not clog. Plus it's very cheap.

I know but what I'm saying is that installing a mx tank breather on ur fuel cap would be a very good upgrade because, while the stock one might work, after running off road it will clog VERY easy vs doing this upgrade, it will not clog. Plus it's very cheap.
That works awesome really free breathing, and looks cool too. What did you use to hook the mx tank breather to your gas cap, I used a 3/16 drive type grease zert I drilled out. Might have to put a zip tie on if it even falls off but it fits tighter than it does on my dirtbike!

That works awesome really free breathing, and looks cool too. What did you use to hook the mx tank breather to your gas cap, I used a 3/16 drive type grease zert I drilled out. Might have to put a zip tie on if it even falls off but it fits tighter than it does on my dirtbike!
I had a barb fitting lying around so I drilled a hole in my gas cap and screwed it on, then put a fuel line on the barb fitting, then put the breather on the fuel line and here's what mine looks like

I had a barb fitting lying around so I drilled a hole in my gas cap and screwed it on, then put a fuel line on the barb fitting, then put the breather on the fuel line and here's what mine looks like
View attachment 50142
View attachment 50143
Right on, I think it looks better and more like something that goes off road! Hahaha let me see if I can figure out how to send a picture of mine. Hahaha
Not as cool looking as yours, but probably works the same. Hahaha that was easier than I thought, hopefully I did it right? .

Attachments

• 1552447263268-1588331386.jpg
    1552447263268-1588331386.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 1552447356522-1232936223.jpg
    1552447356522-1232936223.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1552447419160889244771.jpg
    1552447419160889244771.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I might have to use a zip tie t
Yeah I think it should work just fine ?
Hahaha it works awesome,finally got to run it a while today to really test it out, and it was running better than it has in a long time like it was new again. I had so much fun I ran out of gas for once, and didn't realize I'd been out in the cold that long! Hahaha thanks again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks