King motor vs Rovan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireman15

Hello I'm Looking to buy a km T1000, or a Rovan terminator. I can't really find a baja 5T anywhere, and the ones Ive found are over priced, for being rode hard and bashed I am looking into getting into large scale from my bad days with traxxas trucks. What are the differences between the Rovan terminator, and the King motor T1000? besides looking similar.

HES BACK!!!!!! here we go again!!!!! You had stated in an earlier post that you had bought a 5 scale for such a great deal $320.00 Now you are looking into getting into large scale which is it you keep asking the same questions and telling everybody about your nitro days. BUY SOMETHING!!!!!!!

depends on how much u wanna spend,, each has there own issues,, mcd , fgs are pricey compared to the others,,pretty reliable ive read,, never owned one,,,i have a redcat xsc,,, aftermarket is getting more available as new suppliers are making parts for them,,,now if u do a lot of upgrading,, the redcat can get pricey,,, 4 wheel drive, two diffs,, etc,,, compared to a Baja,, 2wd,,,i also own a king motor,,, bought the 001 roller for 339,, put engine I had modded some out of the redcat in it,,, but couldn't leave alone due to lots of aftermarket available for bajas,, so price goes up on that too,,, its a pricey hobby,,,but in general ,, I think if u just add a kill switch,, upgrade servos,, probably add a walbro carb,, and pipe,,, I like the king motor,, for under 500 as a ready to run,, u get a good radio flysky gt3b,,, that's 40 to 50 bucks shipped usa,,, buy couple hundred in servos and kill switch, say 700 approx., u have a decent car,, u can upgrade in future,,i have a pic of my redcat chassis I think on here, and I know I do of my king motor,,,,
Dude relax I never got the baja. If your so smart tell me what which is a good brand king motor, Rovan MCD, FG, or Red Cat?

looking at one myself.

Mainly for fun running at a ranch so I am torn right now between a 4wd or a 2wd vehicle.

The latest king motors sounds like it has lots of the good stuff on it, so curious.

Km T1000

Yeah thanks. I really like the look of the KM T1000 trying to find a hpi Baja 5t is very hard, most are either very used, and over priced, or upgraded and still very over priced. I even saw a Km baja roller that was over priced on eBay $500 But you can get one from eBay from a guy Dan lc4 for $569.00. Unbelievable same truck with all the extra parts for a little bit more.

I have talked a bit with Dan. You should send him an email as he may be able to set you up with a deal.

I am myself considering the King Motor vehicle as well, the baja buggy or truck versions.

I had issues with my km but I went into the purchase knowing it was a clone and I would need to replace parts before it was reliable . Buddy of mine bought a rovan and the chassis snapped very early on . But if you are looking to get into large scale cheap go for either . The rovan definitely had the better engine as he is on gallon 5 of the engine and my km motor was in the bin after the second tank of fuel. My next large scale is going to be a redcat for the 4wheel drive just to have one.

if u get a redcat,, id get the mt,,, it costs more initially,, but u will have to less upgrades to make reliable , buts its bigger and heavier car,,,, my xsc was cheaper,, but had more reliability issues,,, so more upgrading needed to make reliable,,, but I do like the rovan , king motors cars,, u can get into cheaper than a Baja,, have a car almost identical,, ive gotten some hpi parts as replacement for a few things, not sure any different in quality,,,so do some mods and u should still be under the price of new Baja,, of which the Baja u would have to do similar mods,,,, as far as chassis breaking not sure yet on my km,, but I did make a chassis plate from 1/8 inch 6061 plate aluminum that goes from the front half way back under the car,, and my rpm bumper bolts over it,, should stiffen it up nicely,,, the scorpion brace just seemed to pricey, get a 18 x 24 sheet for about 20 bucks,,, just had to make templates and cut out myself than bend and drill holes

Yeah if I were to get a Redcat i would probably get a XB. The MT seems a little big, and slow for what I want to do. Which is race around a field, and bash a little. I know going into the whole thing that it's going to cost some money. Most hobbies do. I would probably upgrade the engine on the T1000 if I do get it I just like the look of it. Is Redcat a good company quality cars?

from what I have seen since I have owned mine, over a year, never even drove it yet,,redcat listens to people, keeps upgrading products, the people that sell them have excellent service if u need help,, the redcat forum is helpful,, although careful what u say there too, rob is there,,,and runs it I think,,, kept upgrading it,, have 7075rc chassis,, phat cat racings braces and shock towers,, some of redcats aluminum parts,, , getting to upgrade suspension now,, shocks have reliability issues,,, break mainly due to poor shock angle,,,but a shock tower can fix that,,,i upgraded to nutech mt shocks,, huge,, can see pic in redcat section,,,, was getting bored,, waiting for new parts to come out , I think they still waiting for a 2 speed from demon,, that's been year or two I guess,,, so went and bought the km 001,, just need some servos and kill switch now, than can run, will probably run in spring,,, winter almost here in wisconsin

Hello I'm Looking to buy a km T1000, or a Rovan terminator. I can't really find a baja 5T anywhere, and the ones Ive found are over priced, for being rode hard and bashed I am looking into getting into large scale from my bad days with traxxas trucks. What are the differences between the Rovan terminator, and the King motor T1000? besides looking similar.
I have a T1000 that my buddy bought new ran it one lousy time and said, Hey this poop ain’t for me!!—So I got it cheap!!- I removed everything that made it a truck and turned it into a 5b—So my point is if you want a truck and already have a 5b-I have everything plus the brand new body that I’ll sell ya cheap!!—Now I have 4 Baja’s 0ne king motors 30.5 one Rovan .45- 2 Hpi One has a OBR 34 And the other A OBR 30.5 full mod reed motor, the KM Baja seems to be a bit better Quality that the Rovan model, I just run them, clean them after the run, dump all fuel blow them off with air, i locktite everything cause Iam hard on them!-but Iam really not seeing a lot of problems like I hear other people have, just do your maintenance and you’ll be fine!!-And have Fun!!

Attachments

• 3D33A5A2-FD8F-4255-BADA-1E0E9A6E9A01.jpeg
    3D33A5A2-FD8F-4255-BADA-1E0E9A6E9A01.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 16
I know this will be kicking the hornets nest....They're the same thing.

Literally.... I ordered parts from KM before Christmas, and they accidentally stuck one KM part, one Rovan part, and a bunch of Rovan stickers in the package with it.

Quite amusing actually.... just a branding difference.

Oops didn't realize it was a thread necro

I had issues with my km but I went into the purchase knowing it was a clone and I would need to replace parts before it was reliable . Buddy of mine bought a rovan and the chassis snapped very early on . But if you are looking to get into large scale cheap go for either . The rovan definitely had the better engine as he is on gallon 5 of the engine and my km motor was in the bin after the second tank of fuel. My next large scale is going to be a redcat for the 4wheel drive just to have one.
I have a perfect RedCat MT for sale

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks