King Motor X2 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is in the middle of a teardown. Pea gravel took some fins off my flywheel and jammed up my FID racing pull start. We had fun at the gravel pit though. Shroud going on engine now.

Great review! how's your rebuild coming along? I plan on getting one myself when KM X2 become available. Pictures???

The X2 is a good truck, you must change all the diffs to Losi. Everything else is strong enough and same tear and wear as the 5ive.

Below is for the baja...

Its a solid buggy, I still have the stock diff, cups, dog bones, and now after some serious beatdown they start to show some wear.

Address the basics, electronics, kill switch, shocks, locktite all nuts and bolts. I am using a Flysky radio w the stock rx, and same stock rx battery.

The factory engine is a good bashing platform, do the mesh mod, heavier oil on the diff, synthetic 25:1, a nice clone pipe, shock limiters, reinforce the chassis w Killer motorsports parts, and you have one bullet proof baja.

All the above will need to be done to a HPI, but if you are a brand person or in the who stole from who then go brand name.

My recommendation is get the roller and parts as you wish. Because the stock servos are garbage, the radio and rx are good w multiple memory slots and uses only 4 AA. MY Flysky is set for many rcs so thats why I use it.

Lately I shifted to glow engine airplanes, so been busy in the rc airplane forums.

Good luck

I would not go that far, but I know some of it about the truck.

Its a solid performer, it is a MUST to do a complete teardown and proceed w a thorough ass3mbly with threadlocker and correct diff and shock oil.

***change the diff gears for Losi, and if possible put metal diff housing, the one from the 305 I think it is, will work fine. Thats what I have on mine. Red springs at least on the rear shocks, like always killer bee and done. Strange enough the servos are good, but the ones used in the 305 are way better for a good price, if at some point swapping them. As you go along stick w Losi parts and wont go wrong.

Oh yeah, get rid off the plastic intake manifold and carb filter, garbage.

I have jumped, beat down the poor X2 into submission and I still have the stock servos, shocks, arms, towers, etc. The only things that failed were the diffs, everything else, dog bones, burned servo, tires, wheels replaces has been tear and wear after a year.

If you buy it, put on top of it hundred bucks some wrench time and will have one solid truck. The stock controller is Flysky compatible which is a plus, I still have the tx that came w it, no issues. Do set failsafe as mine was not configured correctly.
And once again, Killer Bee for your safety and of others.

Am on rc airplanes for now until the bugs fades away, but will surely put some large scale bashing time soon.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks