King Motor X2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Pissed some people off here! First off, I was considering this clone and had nothing against the companies but after talking to some folks in the industry and giving it much thought I decided to go with the original. It IS about the hard work and R&D AND the fact that you all would have bought the 5ive instead of a clone if you would have wanted to get into 1/5th SC trucks even though the R&D was done years ago. I simply suggested to the guy thinking of buying several to go with the Losi, "I" (ME) would rather give my money to a reputable company than a group of thieves, it is a learning curve for me as well. I have sold the DBXL several months ago! Enjoy!!!

The coil not right would not have anything to do with it not being able to cut off there is something wrong with you kill switch button the red button that is what kills the engine.

SoCal don't go away mad just go away . You have nothing positive to add to this tread so go hang with your fan boy buddy's and enjoy your Losi !

back to our x2 trucks

Ok lets get back to our x2 trucks. got to lean it out a bit today and this thing really moves out. I had grass and mud flinging all over the place and the mud guards I made worked very nicely I will get some pics of them later tonight. They are kinds like the ones you can buy on e-bay but I made the top longer and folded it over inside you'll see when I post the pics.

All connections are fine to and from coil and switch, replaced switch with new one, tested could with ohm meter and all is okay to manifactures specifications ? Still can't get the bloody thing to turn off via kill switch?

it was a good day here as well , got to run the t1000 for a bit with a buddy and his 5b . its way more exciting when there is a pair or more dicing .as for the x2 i'm just trying to reassure the other guys these are of decent quality . as for socal, I never really paid much attention to his posts . I have had my km t1000 for around 5 yrs now , it came from dan , and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality.

All connections are fine to and from coil and switch, replaced switch with new one, tested could with ohm meter and all is okay to manifactures specifications ? Still can't get the bloody thing to turn off via kill switch?
it sounds like you are not grounding out when the button is pushed did you somehow switch the wires when you put it back together? if you did the button would still read right with a meter but not ground it out try switching the wires and see if that works.

mud guards

1truck.jpg
you can see how I rolled it over to seal the top side. I use the top 2 body bolts to hold the roll over up tight in place

2truck.jpg
inside view of the roll over

3truck.jpg
top view. the front also rolls over under the hood and is held with the top bolts on the hood

it works well at keeping most of the mud on the body and easy to wash.

SoCal don't go away mad just go away . You have nothing positive to add to this tread so go hang with your fan boy buddy's and enjoy your Losi !

Wow! That guy is a real azz. Whatever you buy. We all do lots and lots of upgrades. After that, they all become a clone of itself. :w00t:

it sounds like you are not grounding out when the button is pushed did you somehow switch the wires when you put it back together? if you did the button would still read right with a meter but not ground it out try switching the wires and see if that works.

Wires are not polarity sensitive so I've been told? However they are in the correct position, how can I check to see if its 'grounding' when pressing the button ?

Thanks

I took my x2 out to the track today and all I can say is WOW !!! For an out of the box clone I was right in there with some pretty deck out Losi's . the only changes I have made are 100,000 in the center diff and 35wt in the rear shocks . Some of the guys came over after the first run to check out the truck and were pretty impressed with it and one guy is calling Dan on Monday . I pretty happy with the truck for 1300.00 I can go out and be competitive with high dollar Losi's . The truck ran perfect the hole time and no breakdowns . I was worried how the x2 would be taken by the losi guys but they had nothing but good things to say about the truck all in all a pretty good first outing for the x2 :D If you are thinking of buying One I highly recommend the KM X2 awesome value and a great truck !!!!

Wires are not polarity sensitive so I've been told? However they are in the correct position, how can I check to see if its 'grounding' when pressing the button ?

Thanks
ok after thinking about it I am not sure if this system use grounding or break the ground to kill the motor. you would need to test the switch with no wires on it and see if its open when you push the button or open all the time. if its open when you push it then it breaks the ground and that would mean that the switch it touching the case or something or the 2 wires are touching not allowing it to break. if its the other way then one of the wires is not touching the metal part of the case good enough. I hope this helps

I took my x2 out to the track today and all I can say is WOW !!! For an out of the box clone I was right in there with some pretty deck out Losi's . the only changes I have made are 100,000 in the center diff and 35wt in the rear shocks . Some of the guys came over after the first run to check out the truck and were pretty impressed with it and one guy is calling Dan on Monday . I pretty happy with the truck for 1300.00 I can go out and be competitive with high dollar Losi's . The truck ran perfect the hole time and no breakdowns . I was worried how the x2 would be taken by the losi guys but they had nothing but good things to say about the truck all in all a pretty good first outing for the x2 :D If you are thinking of buying One I highly recommend the KM X2 awesome value and a great truck !!!!

I myself don't see KM as cheap clones. I see the others as tooo high priced.

I have hpi baja 5b but most of the parts on it now are either aftermarket or km/rovan parts. I refuse to pay the price hpi wants for stuff when I can get it for half the price. The chassis is rovan and so far it's holding up better then the hpi one did and same with the shocks. I'd buy a clone any day unless the real thing came down to a more reasonable price.

I run across the field from my house when I just want to fart around for 10-15 min other than that I run at the soccer fields at the new arena.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks