King Motors Baja Clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clone

well i got a clone in the mail first run today wasnt like my fg but still good i think a little doggy on low end my fg would just tear the ground up. 8000 clutch is on the way cant afford a new pipe yet but soon looking for members around the green bay wi area thanks mike

What motor came on yours? The KM motor is doggy but works. Its the one that has the clutch housing part of the lower end. The springs need some fitting to get to work. Check out the thread and you will see.
The RTR on all RTR's is not what I would run.:no:

clone

its the km motor 23 cc now is it made by cy? so could i just change the spring? i orderd the whole clutch and spring and bolts.(8000 rpm) its doggy on low end then about ten feet or so it moves out good,so iam thinking its the clutch and not the low end any input?

The spring will help. The low R's on the KM are crappy. The KM Motor is made by them. You can tell the difference in the Cy and Km by the clutch housing being separate from the bottom end on the CY and part of the bottom end on the KM. Just save for a bigger motor for the future and start out with the spring and get a good exhaust. They are items you will need anyhow.

clone

iam not sure if i follow you but the clutch housing looks to be a seperate piece iam thinking on getting the zenoah 260 you think thats a good choice. i just want one thats fast and reliable also for the future whats a good compact pipe i like the looks of the cpi don't look like it will get damaged that easy. thanks so much for all the info.

Got buried but here is the other KM thread: https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=3924

You will see the motor has the clutch part part of the bottom end:
DSC05043.jpg

The CY's is separate:
attachment.php

Which one is yours?

I have not heard anything about that pipe. My neighbor also is looking at getting a pipe that will be a bit more bash proof.

thanks for the info. ill save up for the cpi i think. will that fit the km motor just have to keep it from the wife (what more parts) then she starts laughing thanks again

Allt he pipes that fit the HPI will fit the KM.

Will the following servo work with my KM Baja

HPI BAJA 5B SS SFL-10 WATER RESISTANT SERVO HAS 25 kg-cm

Thanks
Tony

The servo will fit the model, but you will need the servo holder from the HPI radio tray Part 85404. The KM's is made special for the KM servo. If I were you I would save just a bit more and buy the Hitec5745MG servo, HPI PArt 85404 and the servo adapter Part 85414.

I have a peak charger can I charge my battery for my King motor with it and what # cell should i use???

Thanks
Tony

5cell, 6volt. If the charger is compatible for a NiMh 5 cell 6v battery then, yes.

hey btb what size is the infamous bearing or could you give me the hpi part # if it fits. i don't know how that got by me the other day, noticed it today installing the clutch. got the ok to order the cpi pipe in the am what a nice wife.thanks

I believe its the 12x24x6mm.

Has anyone tried to fit a JetPro V4 track pipe in one of these? It's the style that stays tucked in the rear cage and I have an offer to trade the Pro-Line 5T conversion body for that pipe.

Good info here! Thanks for sharing your experiences with this make. I have an HPI Baja 5T and picked this KM Baja up to turn it into a sand and snow basher.

Back