King Motors Baja Clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those have the 29cc Km head and piston on the KM bottom end. They will work just fine until you want an upgrade. A DDM pipe and it will feel even stronger.
Upgrading any motor is costly. Its just a bit cheaper with a CY or Zen because you can reuse the Bottom end. Some people never just change out a head kit and buy the whole motor anyhow. Depending on the deal that is going on it may be the cheaper alternative.:)

in the KM 29cc engine we took it apart but cant figure out which way the arrow on the piston points towards the intake or the exaust can anyone help

If you look closely, the reason you need to have the piston in the correct position is because the ring will be held in place by that little dip down when in the bottom position by the intake port. If it were backward it could snag the exhaust port and tear up the head. Take a look and you will never question yourself again. :D

Are the Km 29cc motors crap?

i,ve just put a crank in michaellfc,s km 2.0 he,s only run it a few times i found allmost every bolt on the motor was pretty loose and the crank had a fair amount of rust on it, don,t think they must put any lube on the engine internals when building them in the factory.

i,ve just put a crank in michaellfc,s km 2.0 he,s only run it a few times i found allmost every bolt on the motor was pretty loose and the crank had a fair amount of rust on it, don,t think they must put any lube on the engine internals when building them in the factory.

alright pablo was it a good job that you striped it downe would it of been damaged more if you hadn't striped it. i the engin ok now
thanks mike

alright pablo was it a good job that you striped it downe would it of been damaged more if you hadn't striped it. i the engin ok now
thanks mike

yea mate the rust was starting to get up around the head area, it must be were the cars are stored or maybe when there in shipping containers that the corrosion starts, anyway i,ve put a zenoa crank and flywheel so it should be fine now.:cup-1::cup-1::cup-1:

yea mate the rust was starting to get up around the head area, it must be were the cars are stored or maybe when there in shipping containers that the corrosion starts, anyway i,ve put a zenoa crank and flywheel so it should be fine now.:cup-1::cup-1::cup-1:

thanks mate we just need to get yours sorted now and we can bash don't think ill go to deeside that much every time you take your baja there it always comes back ben or broke :mad:
thanks mike

If you look closely, the reason you need to have the piston in the correct position is because the ring will be held in place by that little dip down when in the bottom position by the intake port. If it were backward it could snag the exhaust port and tear up the head. Take a look and you will never question yourself again. :D

oh cool thanks what we did with mine when the crankcase broke we bought a crankcase from hpi and put it together with the hpi crankcase but put the rest of the stock parts with it and we reset the magneto gap now all we are waiting on is the clutch housing piece for the hpi crankcase and we will be good to go we are getting it ready for the beach in nags head and hopefully gonna take it to the dunes

Yes it has the alloy differential, where did you get your information?

I bought it from you guys I am pretty sure BroncoRick on Ebay. Love the truck but mine has the plastic Diff. Gave you guys a great review fast shipping ;-)

I bought it from you guys I am pretty sure BroncoRick on Ebay. Love the truck but mine has the plastic Diff. Gave you guys a great review fast shipping ;-)

OK Great, thanks for the feedback, I thought we were talking about the SS version of the KM truck with the vw body, that one has the alloy diff case.
Thanks, JD

Back