King Motors Baja Clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a 603 I think ...from the factory was set at 2 and 1 3/4... I reset it 1 1/2 and 1/1/4

Did your KM clone Baja come with the same engine as the real RTR Baja's?...
the ones I have seen over here had those DZY 23cc engines in them....same as in the TQ Racing brand trucks
And its a CY 23 cc thats comes in the KM baja

Last edited:
I am of the firm belief that there are 2 baja clones being manufactured now.

There is the "TQ" baja clones...cheap engines, and poorly made, most have a black shell and gun metal grey chassis, and blue shock caps etc (instead of purple)....crappy, a lot like the TQ FH copies. These are the ones I have seen in Sydney recently, and have not been impressed by.

And the King Motor Baja's. These actually look VERY good. They have the genuine CY23 engine, genuine Walbro carb, and they look exactly like the HPI. Even the shell looks nearly identical. I have not taken one out and given it a beating, but honestly, they look almost identical to the HPI version.

For me it is not a debate about copying (this debate has been had already), it is a debate on quality....the KM's look the goods to me.

I think you have bought well Hellya.

I know what you mean about the 2 different versions of the baja....the KM even has a steel pull starter ring not the stock plastic one.
pull%20start%20ring%20stock.jpg

I bought 2 of the KMs spent aliitle over $1000 shipped....they are 100% compatible with the hpi version

heres my new 26 cc marine head:) for the baja and the t-bolt 4 hp

0093.jpg

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the 2 different versions of the baja....the KM even has a steel pull starter ring not the stock plastic one.
pull%20start%20ring%20stock.jpg

I bought 2 of the KMs spent aliitle over $1000 shipped....they are 100% compatible with the hpi version

heres my new 26 cc marine head:) for the baja and the t-bolt 4 hp

0093.jpg

hi hellya thats looking good but im not all clued up on these motors what are the benefits i mean ive got a 4 bolt motor on my fs racing which is better i know but could i put one of these on my 30cc fs cy or not and if so what would i have to do would their be less maintenance
also sorry for all the ?
(in your time m8 i know that you are busy with your other car)

I didn't have any probs with them.
Here is the direct email to the owner.

His name is Wei Fan

[email protected]

I have chatted with him on MSN and by email...very helpful, and will be the cheapest place you can get it.

I didn't have any probs with them.
Here is the direct email to the owner.

His name is Wei Fan

[email protected]

I have chatted with him on MSN and by email...very helpful, and will be the cheapest place you can get it.

About 6-7 months ago I tried to contat them direct to no avail......I ended up buying 3 kms from a guy named james for $565 shipped each...back then the KM was $390 with $110 shipping from the china MFG

Last edited:
I have a KM Baja I bought it off eBay for $499 shipped to my door. I can tell you this, the engine is a copy of a fuelie the sticker on the pull start is a little different from a real fuelie, I have run a gallon of gas thru it so far and I can tell you the stock tires wear out in a couple tanks of gas if you use them on pavement, the KM is the same as the hpi Baja just made from cheaper materials and less quality control, I have had no problems with the engine except I broke the pull start first time I tried to start it, the throttle servo quit working after about 3 tanks, the arm on the throttle servo was cracked right out of the box, I tore up the differential and when I opened it there was very little oil in it, shocks were low on oil, I broke a lower rear a-arm and where it broke the plastic was hollow inside and the rims are not reinforced like the hpi ones are around the hub. If you buy 1 you will want to get better rear tires and you will want to check the car out very well before running it to make sure everything is tight and lubed and oiled where needed. and if your gonna be rough on it plan on buying some plastic parts, buts that’s probably the same with the real hpi Baja's.

i did some checking before i purchased a buggy,KM looked idenicle to HPI on the outside, so i took a chance, and went the cheep way out. $500 vs $800+ for a SS. "bad mistake", out of the box throttle horn was broke, no biggie, futaba horn fit perfect, no time steering servo stripped, KM servo bracket different from HPI, replaced with HPI bracket & servo, although diff looks strong enough, it's not the same,"outdrive cup shafts are smaller diameter", spider gears look the same as HPI, all bearings are good quality, although engine looks to be same as CY, it isnt!!! ran strong for about a half gallon then lost all compression, tore down, stroke is longer than CY, clutch housing is integral with crankcase, "not removable" --shock internals are different (although i do like their design) plan on changing fluid right off. after about 2 grand of repairs & upgrades i finally have a good racer!!! IMO buy a HPI ss, (wish i would have)

Back