King Motors - selling 30 degree North Kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From searching it says 30° North rcs are made by :
Ningbo-Beituo-Model-Manufacturing-Co-Ltd

https://www.tradesparq.com/users/31...5487/Ningbo-Beituo-Model-Manufacturing-Co-Ltd

Remember Rovan sells other models not iniatially made by them, its probably a distribution type deal.
So you wont have to wait so long to get one in the usa. Its not a bad strategy to increase USA sales.
Since their not made by Rovan,you get a legit clone of the 5T/5B. They might be able pickup sales,its not like theres alot of choice these days but Im sure most in the know would take a 30° N kit over a Rovan one. Rovan still makes money in distribution and if they start carrying spare parts..hmm.

Repeat after me....... "You can't polish a terd". Stop trying to gain marketshare by cloning a respected Losi platform and doing a "rebadge". I think Rovan/King should FIRST focus on manufacturing something that has reasonable reliability.

If you plan on doing all the Taylor rc losi 5 upgrades to it then it’s not a bad deal. Especially if you love to upgrade compared to buying a losi and want those Taylor rc upgrades for it.
I'd your going full in custom route there's no reason to buy one to start with. 90% of the parts that you'll reuse can be had off ebay for very reasonable prices, save 2.0 shocks. They can be tricky, last set I managed $160.00 any more and irc are better priced. Seems most the guys that go upgrade crazy have 3/4 of whatever rig left over after the build.

I'd your going full in custom route there's no reason to buy one to start with. 90% of the parts that you'll reuse can be had off ebay for very reasonable prices, save 2.0 shocks. They can be tricky, last set I managed $160.00 any more and irc are better priced. Seems most the guys that go upgrade crazy have 3/4 of whatever rig left over after the build.
I was thinking more the chassie, diff cups and diff case.pretty much the whole drive line. Price is very attractive I must say.

I just bought a 30DNB roller for $600 on their black Friday sale. Tried my damnest to get a 5b but they arenimpossible to get or find. I've even tried buying one off fb from over seas. The is the next best thing or perhaps better since the 5b is discontinued. Shall I post pics when it arrives?

Pics are always wanted.
The 30DNB is good but lacks a centre diff, they handle very good though and you can mod them to put a centre diff in.
You can use the 30DNT arms and cvd's to make a wide buggy for even better stability.
The rear wings are amazing, they don't break as they are made of rubber.

Last edited:
What motor would you recommend and where would I find more information on the center diff. The car is currently on its way, I don't have it yet

Zenoah G320 is a good start, it's what I've just put in my 30DNT and it's a great well-proven engine.
Have a look on Facebook at the 30DNB owners pages, more info on there than I could give you.
My only experience with the DNB is one of the lads I bash with has one that's been converted to electric, it's very reliable and handles differently to the DNT.

Thanks, I've joined that group but it appears to have fizzled out unless I'm in the wrong one. I thought about converting to electric but I have like 8 electric rc's already several of which are buggies. I think I'll start a thread on this car. There isn't much information on it here in the states at least from what I've found and I and no one I know has ever seen one in person.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks