KM 001 Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After trying many many things. I am giving up on fixing this issue myself. I took both cars to a retired RC guy who now owns a small engine repair shop. As it turns out it was not a carb issue or trash in the fuel cell. with the carb settings on 3/4 H and L, the engine is not burning all the fuel. I can literally pour the excess out of the exhaust. I am leaning now toward the coil or the plug itself, but don't want to just throw money at it. So he is tuning them for me. I'll update again when I get my results.

**Edit**
Went with an 813 since my local stores did not have any of the 668's in stock. But have not had time to put the carb on it yet, and I also took all the shocks off for a rebuild.

SO I finally have an update. Yes he had the cars for 3 months. I was in no hurry.
The #1 car ran /runs great.
The #2 wouldn't run or wouldn't stay running at all.
I swapped carbs, and now the problem has moved to car #1. So I am tossing up the engine not running issue to being a bad carb. I am no carb expert, but it looks like a 2 year old put the carb together.

Is a WT-668 a good dependable carb for a 23cc KM? I ask the question like that because I am not sure what type of motor it actually is, I am hoping some of you all might know.

Last edited:
**Update**
Replaced the carb on car#2 with an 813. Car cranked after 3 pulls. Car does not smell like gas anymore.

Ordered 813 for car#1 as well, for a backup.

THANKS to everyone who helped and offered suggestions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks