KM X2 Wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

Help guys.....

Inherited a X2 from someone in work.
After alot of struggles, managed to get it started and had it do a few laps of the car park.
Now it wont start at all :(

Read a past thread and ordered a new walbro carb kit (filter fuel lines gaskets etc) set the needles to the stock setting of 1 1/2 & 1 1/4
The plug looks new, tidy blue spark, but for the life of me it will not start again.

I'm new to this scene so any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

Hmmm does it have a kill switch installed ??
You could have maybe over flooded the engine ??

And I know you said the spark plug looks good. But just try a new one before you go all CRAY CRAY chasing and replacing other parts.

i literally blew my shoulder out for a week trying to start my 5iveT... after maybe 1hr of yanking on the pull start messing with all the settings .... i switched the spark plug which was brand new btw, for another brand new plug. And it started on the first pull. I was beyond livid with my self lol

Hmmm does it have a kill switch installed ??
You could have maybe over flooded the engine ??

And I know you said the spark plug looks good. But just try a new one before you go all CRAY CRAY chasing and replacing other parts.

i literally blew my shoulder out for a week trying to start my 5iveT... after maybe 1hr of yanking on the pull start messing with all the settings .... i switched the spark plug which was brand new btw, for another brand new plug. And it started on the first pull. I was beyond livid with my self lol

Mate I've literally been at it for hours today!!
Ordered a new plug, seems to be the only thing I can think it could be.

New carb is working, feeding fuel fine - it came with new lines and a filter so changes them all.

Took the exhaust off and it's clearly 'getting' fuel.

Disconnected the kill switch to make sure it wasnt faulty etc.

Fingers crossed new plug will do the trick - hope so, it's a the boys birthday today and was kinda his main 1 ?

On a plus side managed to bind a new remote for him as it came with a fly sky unit and figured a 2 stick might be a bit easier for him to use for now.

Will let you know tomorrow if it works.

Thanks for your help pal, may well be picking your brains again soon.

Mate I've literally been at it for hours today!!
Ordered a new plug, seems to be the only thing I can think it could be.

New carb is working, feeding fuel fine - it came with new lines and a filter so changes them all.

Took the exhaust off and it's clearly 'getting' fuel.

Disconnected the kill switch to make sure it wasnt faulty etc.

Fingers crossed new plug will do the trick - hope so, it's a the boys birthday today and was kinda his main 1 ?

On a plus side managed to bind a new remote for him as it came with a fly sky unit and figured a 2 stick might be a bit easier for him to use for now.

Will let you know tomorrow if it works.

Thanks for your help pal, may well be picking your brains again soon.

Its alive!!!!
New NGK plug and it works. All those hours stripping /changing parts, rebuilding and ripping my shoulder apart - SOLVED.

So glad I took the time to join this forum and take advice from the guys that know.

Made the lads birthday, cheers pal ?

Until the next dilemma....

Dusty

Its alive!!!!
New NGK plug and it works. All those hours stripping /changing parts, rebuilding and ripping my shoulder apart - SOLVED.

So glad I took the time to join this forum and take advice from the guys that know.

Made the lads birthday, cheers pal ?

Until the next dilemma....

Dusty
Always start with the easy stuff. Even if you see spark, the plug can be bad. Glad you got it running.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks