Kraken KVTT Bumper Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmbscx10

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
I have what i call the famous stock lower bumper MIA on my Truck. At least every YT vid i have seen has it it frame one and gone after the first front end hit. The only "Upgrade" i can find is the Aluminum one offer by Kraken. I typically dislike Aluminum upgrades in areas like the bumper as it transfers way way more energy to the area and parts down the line. Money aside, for those that have or known somebody that has used the Kraken one, is it worth it?

Is there another manufacture option or some other homebrew upgrade that worked and i just did not find while researching?

I've seen this too. That design where it comes through the body isn't ideal either. Aluminum is soft. It will break on a hard enough impact. Steel will bend. Id go aluminum over steel for a bumper. I could 3d print you one but its going to be weaker than the plastic bumpers.

I've seen this too. That design where it comes through the body isn't ideal either. Aluminum is soft. It will break on a hard enough impact. Steel will bend. Id go aluminum over steel for a bumper. I could 3d print you one but its going to be weaker than the plastic bumpers.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah no way i would run a steel bumper on any RC.

I may have a crack at making one out of 3/8 Delrin. Sucks i sold my Lathe and Mill so a scroll saw and some files will have to do.

I have the upgraded kv5tt aluminum bumper and hit a hidden culvert pipe pretty hard and everything held up perfectly. Just a light gouge in the anodizing
My kv5tt has all the aluminum upgrades, very heavy at 56lbs with big bore engine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks