LargeScaleRC.com stop selling FG Monster Truck parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
I was visiting LargeScaleRC.com today and noticed the extensive FG Monster Truck parts menu's they once had is no more. Instead replaced my HPI Baja, MCD, and Smartech!?

If LargeScaleRC.com is cutting back their upgrade parts for the FG, then who is the next best guy to get parts from in the US?

-Michael

What has MCD done over FG and what other companies have stopped or reduced selling of FG parts?

-Michael

The FG prices have gone way up due to the dollar. I think all of the clones are hitting them hard as well. Plus, most of the FG aftermarket guys are now doing Baja stuff.

I don't think that's a fair point to make about FG Modellsport.
FG has 2 U.S importers here in the U.S ,they tend to about 70 dealers give or take.
VS modelsport has held back on ordering for sometime because of the dollar exchange rate.
If they order when the rate is high...our prices will be higher...then ,yup you guessed it ,so will yours.
So they have held up with there orders ,till now ,I do believe an order is on the way.
MMR the other distributor (ha),well lets not even bother with them....lol

Largescale RC ,when it comes to FG ,is nothing more then another FG dealer.
Just another company sitting and waiting on an order..like most dealers.

So FG itself is not causing this problem ,your U.S president is..

Oh I'm sure ,just wanted to make a point.
It's the companies bringing them into the states that are causing this.

ya we know how this assknocker is. The Prez that is.

gas prices are going up and up, and were still being told Manufactureing/drilling/storage issues are causing the increase, yet all the major oil companies have posted record profits EVERY quarter!

anyways, the dollar is just about the same as the canadian dollar now and im guessin in about 10 months it ll be about the same as the Peso if shiz keeps going this way.

The FG prices have gone way up due to the dollar. I think all of the clones are hitting them hard as well. Plus, most of the FG aftermarket guys are now doing Baja stuff.

MCD isnt safe from the clowns I mean clones:blush: Everything is being copied then sold for 1/2 the price or less.

Thats good for people who just want a decent vehicle for a good price

How can anyone justify $1500 for a 4x4 rolling chassis is beyond me

Last edited:
MCD Prices will change too. MCD is made in Turkey, which uses the Euro, when old stock runs out the prices will increase just as they did with FG, elcon, and all the other companies

sickboy,
the prices would be the same, as it is the conversion rate causing the increase in price, not a price increase of the product.

MCD isnt safe from the clowns I mean clones:blush: Everything is being copied then sold for 1/2 the price or less.

Thats good for people who just want a decent vehicle for a good price

How can anyone justify $1500 for a 4x4 rolling chassis is beyond me

thats a question that maybe best answered by some of the onroad guys that pay 3400.00 for their RS5 roller. or those that drop 5Grand on the 07 EVO from FG.

in comparrison 2grand for a 4x4 isnt all that obnoxious.
the price is about the same if you were to take the FG MT. alloy it up and add the 4x4 Conversion. still runs about 2G.

thats a question that maybe best answered by some of the onroad guys that pay 3400.00 for their RS5 roller. or those that drop 5Grand on the 07 EVO from FG.

in comparrison 2grand for a 4x4 isnt all that obnoxious.
the price is about the same if you were to take the FG MT. alloy it up and add the 4x4 Conversion. still runs about 2G.

I don't think you can compare the 2.
MCD roller for $1500+ is also all plastic......
For a couple bucks more ,you can get a full alloy buggy 4x4 ARTR.
MCD roller ,if you break it down piece by piece ,you cannot find where the money is actually spent...They could of made that roller with alittle more for the money they ask ...like alloy upper and lower ,front and rear arms..then maybe you can start to see alittle more for your money.

There are such things as engineering grade plastics. There is a reason why chinese cars break easily (cheap, brittle plastic) compared to non chinese brands. High quality plastics cost more. Remember to its the poor euro/dollar that is making MCD seem pricy, elsewhere in the world they are a bargain for what you get (and the sales volume proves that)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks