Leaky Carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpine4

I was mashing around for about 20 min and noticed the motor started to bog. I decided to turn the motor off. After a few minutes I tried to start back up. To my avail it wouldn’t start. I waited for the motor to cool and pull the plug and see if I flooded the motor. No fuel came out of the cylinder. I then looked around and my carb seems wet near the choke. Wondering if the problem related to my carb. For the life of me I can’t get it fired up. And yes the servos are turned on. There is cover on air filter team Losi one. I did re oil the out side air filter foam. Just a light spray.
BC342E90-909A-48E4-AA31-97C7739C77E9.jpeg

I tighten the screws they are fully tight. Think I need a new gasket. Wonder if this is the reason she won’t start and boging down.

I checked the bolts and they are tight. Sounds like a new gasket kit and go from there. I tired to turn the motor over again but no luck. Will not start.

Gap on the ignition coil. It sits just above the flywheel. Black and silver thing the plug wire comes out of. Loosen the 2 screws and stick a business card between it and the magnets on the fly wheel. Tighten the screws back up. And its gapped. Have to pop the fan shroud off to get to it.

Ok getting good spark now, but still won't turn over. Could it be the leak in the carb gasket that will cause it not start? I haven't touched the factory settings. Should I close H&L needle start over with factory setting?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks