Let the build begin!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ,I like it anyway,it looks good in my opinion.Thanks for all the comments boys.Looking forward to the build keith,and this time....put some petrol in it and lets see it running! ;)
J.
And another thing,I'm only 45 mins from you,if you feel a bit nervous running your cars I'm happy to oblige,just for you Keith ;)
J.

Hey ,I like it anyway,it looks good in my opinion.Looking forward to the build keith,and this time....put some petrol in it and lets see it running! ;)
J.

i will be polishing the edges of the blue krikke alloy (elcon) so i get a

contrast of blue and silver ....may take me a while:helpsmilie:

hmmmmmm which hole does the petrol go in:clown::clown:

Shiney bits

Well I just got the last of my shiney bits today..all done! (for now)
I was pretty impressed with Lauterbacher Modelltechniks ,I recived the bits I ordered and they also put in an A4 size folder with all the offers and tuning bits in,good when you need parts at a glance.
J.

Well here is the first vid of voo's MT, short and sweet. :cool2:

Voo will tell you more on whats planned, such as engine tune etc on it to enhance it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgbsD1MvHl0

Oh yes i was bored the other day so decided to try something, Voo came down today and told me i've got to post it (must obey the master).

Last edited:
Now that is looking very smart, funny how you managed to keep off the grass and away from the puddle:clown::clown::clown: If it was mine I wouldn't of taken it out until summer:no:.
Matt.

Matty I tried to take it over the grass and through the water but its got a special safety device on it called "too much money spent feature" Let me tell you how it works,when you start the engine up the device itself sends little messages to the Pituitary gland in the brain and tells you how much money you have spent and if you crash how much it will cost to put right.Its also got a bonus feature called "your going to have to clean it" thats the killer.:clown:
back to reality,it has a 40 and 42 spur on it and you can smell the clutch burning,thats why I only ran it for a few seconds.
I did take it to an industrial estate and opened it up, and WOW:eek::eek::eek: this thing GOES!!! good job i had hydros because if there was just the standard rear brake there would be a problem stopping it.
When the weather is a bit better I will take it out for a thrashing.
J.

Matty I tried to take it over the grass and through the water but its got a special safety device on it called "too much money spent feature" Let me tell you how it works,when you start the engine up the device itself sends little messages to the Pituitary gland in the brain and tells you how much money you have spent and if you crash how much it will cost to put right.Its also got a bonus feature called "your going to have to clean it" thats the killer.:clown:
back to reality,it has a 40 and 42 spur on it and you can smell the clutch burning,thats why I only ran it for a few seconds.
I did take it to an industrial estate and opened it up, and WOW:eek::eek::eek: this thing GOES!!! good job i had hydros because if there was just the standard rear brake there would be a problem stopping it.
J.

you must av posted this as i was doin mine :clown::clown: guess it wont be doin the ditch then :clown::clown:

J.

LOL :clown::clown::clown:

Have you kept the gearing high for speed runs or do you change the gears?
Matt.

No mate ,I bought the box off fleebay .I think it was off a tourer I just wanted to get the truck together. I was looking down the route of 48-44 spurs,so you have the acceleration and top end.if I'm going to use it on a short course I can just tighten the gears centrifugal clutch so it just spins the 48 and for longer straights i'll slacken it off for the 44 to come in.Well ,thats the theory.
J.

Voo,
Truck looks and sounds great.
Pity about the tyres.
This is why I was hunting - forever it seemed - for not just a different look, but some way of getting the power down.
Obviously it was wet, and it's 2WD.
I'm tired of doing impromptu donuts whenever I open the throttle on mine.
Another thing;
Got any Gatso's around where you live, just for an accurate speed measurement ? :)

Voo,
Truck looks and sounds great.
Pity about the tyres.
This is why I was hunting - forever it seemed - for not just a different look, but some way of getting the power down.
Obviously it was wet, and it's 2WD.
I'm tired of doing impromptu donuts whenever I open the throttle on mine.
Another thing;
Got any Gatso's around where you live, just for an accurate speed measurement ? :)
Theres a Gatso at the bottom of the road,but I have telemetry on the radio but unfortunately its not set up.I think its knocking a good bit of speed anyway. i just built it for reliability.
Cheers
J.

After much deliberation and messing around with the two speed box I have finally sorted it with a set of hardened ally gears at a 46/42 ratio,might have a go at putting it in tonight.Pictures if I do.:clown:
J.

After much deliberation and messing around with the two speed box I have finally sorted it with a set of hardened ally gears at a 46/42 ratio,might have a go at putting it in tonight.Pictures if I do.:clown:
J.

so she'll be zippin about in no time then james???? glad you got it sorted out bud :cool2:

I remember mine ...........I miss her

I do miss her :no:

Attachments

• red fg3.jpg
    red fg3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 16
  • red fg8.jpg
    red fg8.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 22
  • new fg right.jpg
    new fg right.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 17
  • lid off.jpg
    lid off.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 25
  • myyyf.jpg
    myyyf.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks