Let the build begin!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Hiya folks
I have been recently been on a quest for a virtually indestructible FG MT. So In hind site I have collected all the parts I should need for an MT that wont fail!
So far the parts are as follows.
Engine.
CY bottom end and a Zen head (big bore)
0.7mm ring
WT 813 carb
Red neck pre-filter
Alloy intake manifold
DDM billet alloy filter
Teflon gaskets
Iridium plug
ceramic bearings
Alloy engine mounts
TWO speed box
Alloy gear mounts
lightened clutch bell
8000RPM clutch spring
DDM chrome engine covers and pull start(to add a bit of bling)

Body.
Standard FG MT body with bumper.

Chassis and drive train.
Standard chassis
Alloy diff mounts
Alloy LSD
Alloy rear arms
Alloy shock tower
Teflon shielded Race bearings

Up front.
Alloy tower
Alloy posts
Alloy brace
Alloy top arms (waiting on a set of bottom arms folks)
Allot hubs
Alloy steering arms
Alloy A+B bulk heads
Alloy servo tray
Alloy servo saver
Hydro brakes

Electrics
Multiplex steering or dual HiTec set-up
Throttle Hitec 180Oz.
Spektrum DX3s
Alloy servo arm/s
Tyres are as standard pattern but have been cut(don't do it if you don't have enough money to replace them,you can mess up!)

I think that's about it.I will be showing build pictures and run vids too.
Hopefully you will give me your thoughts and comments.
Thanks for looking.
James.

This will be a great thread to follow until your build is complete. Keep posting pictures and later lots of videos :2guns:

What big bore kit did you get?

The big bore was a DDM 25.5 with a bit of messing around.
j.

The windows in the piston were taken out by 1.5mm, 75Degs and a bit of Dremeling.There was a bit of fiddling to the ports.Also the intake was roughened and the exhaust was polished.

Last edited:
The big bore was a DDM 25.5 with a bit of messing around.
j.

The windows in the piston were taken out by 1.5mm, 75Degs and a bit of Dremeling.There was a bit of fiddling to the ports.Also the intake was roughened and the exhaust was polished.

Im getting excited just by the pictures !!!!
Look forward to the reports :)

Give us a shout :phone: if your getting stuck or on one of your i can't be arsed moments and i'll come down and give you a kick start as usual.:clown:

So far we've done 2 out of the 6,
1 Marder already sold on fleebay,
2 Beetle back together,
3 MT ready for the build,
4 Leopard almost there,
5 Marder number2 also almost there,
6 MCD also almost there.

big E

U changing up the body or you repainting it. I am working on something with a RR body ATM i'll see if i can post pics later

Chris

I have just got my new pajero shell today from Badboy (thanks dude) So i might use the FG MT body in pic 2 or the new Shogun shell ...Hmmm....?? ..decisions decisions.
J.

Engine built! 28.5cc head(ha ha Jackobyte dosnt know yet.....nor does Jane..Ooops),0.7 ring,813 carb,alloy inlet,teflon gaskets and all the bling of course new lines and plug

Ah,just built the mill ,now its time to do the truck!....,there is a slight problem here.The LSD I bought is about 10mm higher than the diff holders! Fook! I really didnt want diff raisers on this,I need all the ground clearance there is.Any Ideas apart from DREMMELing the chassis? Oops did I just slip a pic of my HPI RS4 tourer in there? with all the carbon and alloy.....naughty.

No I didnt...but here it is....my baby!...jeeze heres another £200 for a new brushless and ESC,I've got good batteries(LiPo)....Or am I just wasting money?haven't used a 10/th for years! Oh, the magazines in the picture are from RC Car Action. They date back 12 years and are all there(issue wise) Up for grabs.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks