Let the build begin!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James,
That motor is looking good. The pipe looks like candy..LOL.. I have the same air filter on mine. It works out well, but make sure you put some lithium grease between the OD of the filter and the ID of the aluminum for extra protection.

For your LSD, could you try fashioning a spacer to lift it the 10m clearance it needs?

Chris

Ah,just built the mill ,now its time to do the truck!....,there is a slight problem here.The LSD I bought is about 10mm higher than the diff holders! Fook! I really didnt want diff raisers on this,I need all the ground clearance there is.Any Ideas apart from DREMMELing the chassis? Oops did I just slip a pic of my HPI RS4 tourer in there? with all the carbon and alloy.....naughty.

can't you get the rear arm mounts like the elcon ones that are seperate from the diff raisers then you can raise the diff without raising the rear arms, other than that you'll have to cut the chassis out :no::no::no:

Get the Elcon diff mounts that are raised or just suffer with diff risers, its not that bad in ride hight as the back is higher than the front anyway, ive had to fit them too but would of preferd the elcon diff mounts.....

Looking goood by the way:)

or what about just shimming the dif? I mean the equivalent of half the riser. that way the arms stay low. I used a riser on my marder way back and wasn't bad, but you could make something to fit under the bulkheads?

the simplest way but may not be the easiest is to cut the chassis:2guns: i

know you don't fancy doing that and then 4 small spacers 4mm thick turned

from alloy bar around 12mm dia x 4mm thick with a 5mm hole through the

middle

and then :)bobs ur uncle your done:clown::clown:

Sorted

Well had to go for the diff raiser option.Started putting it together today as well as the Leopard and just been messing with me yatch too! Ordered a set of alloy top arms today and waiting for an auction to finnish on fleebay to get the rear huhbs.Then just the bottom front arms and it will be all alloy:clown::clown::clown:.
J.
Oh,ordered my paint for the Shogun shell and the MT shell.

Got the top rear arms through the other day so its all systems go!Put the front end on and the hydro's Had to change A+B bulk heads with my Beetle because the ones I bought for the MT were probably off a tourer or Marder because they didnt fit.Rear top arms on,everything just needs shimming up now.
Can anyone identify the bulkheads in pic four?
Cheers
J.

Got my paint delivered today too.Fire red,spa silver and ivory white to back it off with.I bought three cans of white as the Pajero is going all red as well.
J.

looking good James ...............but your gonna get to a stage where your not

going to run your bling ones:2guns:just in case LOL

and you have far to many as it is:clown::clown::clown:

not lookin for another wife as yet huh :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks