Let's talk race setups w/pics of rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a mod you can do to to it, if your really worried about it. You'll need 2 nipples and a small length of hose. Basically you install one nipple in the vent hole. Normally some epoxy or what not is helpful to make sure it stays in place. Grind down the inside of the nipple so it's flush with the plate. Second nipple goes in-between the carb and air filter. Doesn't really matter where so long as it's in front of the carb and after the filter. Attach hose in-between. You've just done 2 things. Made a pressure compensating carb (will limit diaphragm movement if the filter gets plugged up badly, keeping the engine from running pig rich) and filtered the diaphragm air. It's pretty std on all saws now a days. Works well. No extra fancy stuff needed.
Have you done this mod? do you think it it necessary? thanks

Have you done this mod? do you think it it necessary? thanks
Necessary no. I have not done it to any rc engines, I have done it to several other 2 stroke that see much nastier conditions then what we typically see. Of your not mud bogging it you'll likely not need to do it. Just thought I'd offer it as a different way to have the metering diaphragm filtered. I should have a few pics on the lap top of how I do it. I'll have a look for them when I get home

Necessary no. I have not done it to any rc engines, I have done it to several other 2 stroke that see much nastier conditions then what we typically see. Of your not mud bogging it you'll likely not need to do it. Just thought I'd offer it as a different way to have the metering diaphragm filtered. I should have a few pics on the lap top of how I do it. I'll have a look for them when I get home
Would be good to see. Keep it the back of my mind if I would ever need to do it.

Mine is set up for off road racing on astro turf, currently running LSD diffs in centre and front and 10k oil in rear, I'm running valved shockers on the rear, 2.1 piston in front shockers, double TLR discs on the front brakes, mcd fuel tank and airfilter setup, the car works really well around the track

Attachments

• 20210903_192018.jpg
    20210903_192018.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 22
Mine is set up for off road racing on astro turf, currently running LSD diffs in centre and front and 10k oil in rear, I'm running valved shockers on the rear, 2.1 piston in front shockers, double TLR discs on the front brakes, mcd fuel tank and airfilter setup, the car works really well around the track
I can't find any info on lsd diff for a losi. How are doing it?

Maybe it’s a mod to run mcd diffs in a losi. If not I’ve never heard of this
These are specifically made for the Losi 5ive t,
Maybe it’s a mod to run mcd diffs in a losi. If not I’ve never heard of this
No it's not a mod to run mcd diffs, this diff is solely for the Losi 5ive T and are made to order
Do you have any info about it? I found it on 10th scale.
Hi I sent you a message explaining it to you

Last edited:
The diff is made by Oddified, it with friction pads inside the diff which creates the lsd to operate, it works by means of load, when cornering the inside wheel requires less energy to drive, the outside wheel requires more energy to drive, so when applying the power the outside because of the energy required pushes the sun and planet gear hard against the friction pad thus giving more drive to the outside wheel and because the inside doesn't require energy the sun and planet gears slip, it really works well and very reliable, big benefit is being able to apply power sooner within the corner and thus pulling the car in tight

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks