Lights and Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys,

Does anyone have any idea about the max number of lights I can add to my baha 5t with a 5000mah 6V battery?

Or is there any other way to know what number of lights would be okay to work with, because I don't want to reduce my play time due to the voltage usage due to the lights.

Got a setup of 4 original headlamps on 5T + LED light bar on the roof of the roll cage + 2 tail lights + 2 whip lights of 5V each. I like ......lights..🥲

Last edited:
If you have an extra unused channel on your receiver, just get a LED light module that you can turn on and off from the transmitter.
I have two side light pods, top light and one tail light. I can turn on the light pods separate from the tail light and top light or have them all on. I am only using a 4300mA NiMh battery since I could not find a Lipo that would fit the cavity in my Baja. Have not had any issues since I can turn off the lights remotely. It is nice to have when it starts to get dark out but not ideal for running in total darkness unless you know where all of the obstacles are relative to the vehicle. It will not prevent you from running into something but will make it more easy to see by others.

The two pods have a total of 24LEDs (12 LED per pod). The top has only three and the rear tail light has 6 red LEDs. Typical voltages for white LEDs will be higher than the reds. The top or roof LED and I believe I got from Rovan. The tail light and and pod lights I got from Killer RC. I did try the LED control but I could not get that to sync up properly with the throttle and brake (also got real busy with too many wires and connections), so I opted for the budgetary simple unit from Amazon (part number: B0836WB85Z). Still did not fit in the small space in the battery compartment.

Attachments

• 20220117_122335.jpg
    20220117_122335.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220117_122324.jpg
    20220117_122324.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220117_122329.jpg
    20220117_122329.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220117_122349.jpg
    20220117_122349.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 8
If you have an extra unused channel on your receiver, just get a LED light module that you can turn on and off from the transmitter.
I have two side light pods, top light and one tail light. I can turn on the light pods separate from the tail light and top light or have them all on. I am only using a 4300mA NiMh battery since I could not find a Lipo that would fit the cavity in my Baja. Have not had any issues since I can turn off the lights remotely. It is nice to have when it starts to get dark out but not ideal for running in total darkness unless you know where all of the obstacles are relative to the vehicle. It will not prevent you from running into something but will make it more easy to see by others.

The two pods have a total of 24LEDs (12 LED per pod). The top has only three and the rear tail light has 6 red LEDs. Typical voltages for white LEDs will be higher than the reds. The top or roof LED and I believe I got from Rovan. The tail light and and pod lights I got from Killer RC. I did try the LED control but I could not get that to sync up properly with the throttle and brake (also got real busy with too many wires and connections), so I opted for the budgetary simple unit from Amazon (part number: B0836WB85Z). Still did not fit in the small space in the battery compartment.
Your baja looks amazing!!
Just a little correction, the roof lights are the ones like the LED single unit bar lights (x4). Also 4300mah does a good job I think 5000 will do as well.

And thank you so much for a detailed explanation Bandit2013! 💯

Happy Joy GIF by The Weeknd

It is best to look for a module that will regulate the LED lights with PWM (pulse width modulation). Not all of the modules will do this but the ones that do modulate or pulse the LEDS on and off rapidly will reduce the current drain on the battery. Still, having a means to turn them off when not needed is best.

I would consider the LED lights as non-essential bling. Perhaps for a 1/10 scale vehicle it would be helpful to tell what direction the vehicle is going when it is far away from you. As for the 1/5 scale size, the LEDs really are not required as it is easy to tell what direction it is pointing due to its size. I only have lights on one vehicle. Just wanted to try it out. I rarely ever turn them on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks