Limited slip differential 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACKDADDY83

Question: I bought 20000 weight to put in the differential of my 5b this will likely give me a LIMITED SLIP effect transferring power to the outside wheel around cornering isted of using a diff lock witch will spin the rear out in corners?Thanks

Jack are you bashing this or are you trying to race this? what diff are you putting 20k in? I am racing and currently run 20/30/7 in my Five T. The diff oil is highly dependent on what surface you are running on and the amount of traction you consistently get. If you let us know what you are doing with the vehicle and the tire and surface you run then you can get a better oil suggestion.

Hi yea I will be mostly bashing on the tarmac and drifting with hostile slicks but I will also occasionally switch the wheels and tires out and go to a local bmx dirt track
Aluminum differential

I would start with 20k but think you will likely end up at 30k because you will still unload the inside wheel with that OBR motor. Maybe even as high as 60k will still unload a little but definitely much less the higher you go. Too high will cause the rear to loop out and too low will cause inside wheel to unload. if you expect to drift it then you might not have the same predictable reaction when trying to rocket out of a tight turn.

Ok awsome information thank you...so basically I'm gonna have to find a happy medium between the two surfaces....but the thicker the diff oil the better limited slip action but if it's to thick it will cause a lock action?Details Details Details lol

Thicker the oil, the more lock effect you will have. As stated above you'll likely want 30-50 in it with the obr. I ran 100k in mone with my reed and it locked the rear end like I wanted. I'd imagine you'll settle close to 50k by the time your happy. You'll still have a slip, but it wont be to bad.

Awsome sauce...yup as soon as my build is complete I with be testing the different viscosity of them...thanks again bro
This is what i'm shooting for I messaged the guy to see what he runs in his diff but no reply

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks