Lipo Low Voltage Checker/Alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeper

For the MTXL, I was wondering what are you guys using to monitor/warn the dynamite lipo battery so it doesn't drop below 3 volts.

Last edited:
I'd do 2 tanks then charge ?.....but chk the voltage to see where its at first.....u may have another tank on it?
or run one of rhese
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/253530303509
they varie in price?..i got a few here
i personally wouldnt go below 3.4-3.5 volts.....?

Depending on how much of a gas guzzler you have ,do you actually stand around that long to run 2 tanks out?...LOL

Being by myself ,I can only stand to run 10 min at the most ,then I am ready to put it back in the shed!....lol

my rx gives feedback to tx for over all pack voltage. I went one step farther and put in BUS and installed a voltage sensor but wired it up to read only one of the two cell in lipo pack. the tx screen now shows the total pack voltage and a single cell.
If you do your math and have a total pack voltage and one cell voltage this will let you know if pack is healthy.

Last edited:
Should also note that the lipos aren't really under much load seeing as all they do is operate the servos and power up the receiver. Having an alarm or indicator set to anything below 3.6V/cell IMO is too low. Most of the time you're at resting voltage or near resting. The goal is to stop when you're resting voltage is between 3.7V - 3.75V. Dropping below 3.7V resting voltage is just going to decrease your lipos cycle life. Just get a bigger lipo (more mah) and keep it properly charged. I never understood why people push every bit out of their lipos when it's so easy just to give it a little charge. A friend of mine keeps bragging to me that he only charges his lipos once every 2 weeks and he can runs several tanks. I checked his lipo resting voltage the other day and it was at 3.6V resting. He said, no problem, I can easily run it for much longer. I said why? It took me 20 min to charge up my lipo in the morning and I don't have to worry about losing power or damaging the battery for the rest of the day. Do some of you guys just like to live on the edge or something?

I usually stop running when my lipos are near storage voltage 3.8V or so, because why not? I don't want to risk crashing my rig because I was too lazy to charge my batteries.

Last edited:
You guys are really easy on your lipos, I go 3.4 volts per cell, never had an issue. I have some for my birds that are pushing 6 years old. And they get more of a work out then our car lipos running just servos. Heck you can run a good Panasonic 18650 down to 3.2 volts all day every day and have no issues with them. You'll do more damage over charging them then pulling them down more then 3.7 volts. Go look at other industries that run lipo cells. The flashlight is a good one to point out. The built in low voltage cut off for protected cells is 3.2 volts nominal. Most high end lights use a regulated output so the load is consistent throughout the discharge cycle. Ultimately it's up to you how you want to run your batteries. All I can say is the dozen or so high end lights I have, rc cars and helis, and solar backup system i have had zero issues bring a lipo cell of any type lower then 3.7 volts. Just my 2 cents.

You parallel charge? Saves a bunch of time if your charger can put the amperage out. I have a I charger 4010 duel makes paralleled charging a snap. Just need to check with a cell checker to make sure the balance isnt way off on each pack before charging them as a group.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks