Little custom work on my DDM pipe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the look of these pipes. Hows the performance? haven't heard of too many people running them

Hey Nasim!

What will you be changing if anything in the Baja? I
Just doing some major repairs on it. Was involved in one crazy crash last summer. But I wI'll be changing a few things. I have already changed wheels, wing, RPM arms, K&N filter, had the HPI tuned pipe on it that comes with the SS, turtle racing shock tower braces. I'm going to be doing more but I'm also keeping the stock 23cc CY engine. I just want to see how much I can squeeze out of this little engine. I'm also rinning an e3 spark plug. Seems to idle better and bring the rpm's a little higher. Here is what it looked like before the wreck.
FB_IMG_1532908322679.jpg

Just doing some major repairs on it. Was involved in one crazy crash last summer. But I wI'll be changing a few things. I have already changed wheels, wing, RPM arms, K&N filter, had the HPI tuned pipe on it that comes with the SS, turtle racing shock tower braces. I'm going to be doing more but I'm also keeping the stock 23cc CY engine. I just want to see how much I can squeeze out of this little engine. I'm also rinning an e3 spark plug. Seems to idle better and bring the rpm's a little higher. Here is what it looked like before the wreck.
View attachment 48727
badass truck!!! i wouldn't use the k&n air filter especially for offroad because it doesn't filter the air very well and lets dirt into the engine and can damage your engine.

badass truck!!! i wouldn't use the k&n air filter especially for offroad because it doesn't filter the air very well and lets dirt into the engine and can damage your engine.
Thank you. On the filter, she mainly sees grass and pavement, not much dirt. I do have an outerwear that I purchased after I took the pic. I also have the same filter on my DBXL with a Turtle Racing intake. That filter also has a TGN Red Neck pre filter around it as well along with the Outerwears. The DBXL sees a lot of sand, mud, dirt, pavement, grass, you name it.

Thank you. On the filter, she mainly sees grass and pavement, not much dirt. I do have an outerwear that I purchased after I took the pic. I also have the same filter on my DBXL with a Turtle Racing intake. That filter also has a TGN Red Neck pre filter around it as well along with the Outerwears. The DBXL sees a lot of sand, mud, dirt, pavement, grass, you name it.
ok, id still use a redneck and the outerwears on the baja as well just to be exta sure (y)

View attachment 48727
Awesome! Please keep us updated!

You would be upset with my Motorcycle and Camaro then . Both have K&N filters in them and they are worth a lot more than a RC buggy or Truck. I've been using K&N filters for probably 20 yrs now with no issues . Got to love the internet someone had a beef with K&N or another company did and they spread rumors to make K&N look bad . Every car forum you go to and now RC forums you go to now there is a thread saying how bad K&N is for your engines.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry I'll get off my soap box now.

You would be upset with my Motorcycle and Camaro then . Both have K&N filters in them and they are worth a lot more than a RC buggy or Truck. I've been using K&N filters for probably 20 yrs now with no issues . Got to love the internet someone had a beef with K&N or another company did and they spread rumors to make K&N look bad . Every car forum you go to and now RC forums you go to now there is a thread saying how bad K&N is for your engines.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry I'll get off my soap box now.
??? Well that's just what I've read, I just wouldn't risk it.

The issue on the dbxl is how it fastens to the backing plate with no gasket feature. And the pre filter doesn't go down over the "neck" part of the backing plate. More poor design then anything.
I have a totally different intake. Again the Outerwear was purchased after I took the pic. I will be getting the front window for it as well to try and reduce the amount of debris that may come from the front tires.
20180507_151500.jpg20180317_151745.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks