Looking for some used parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoparNut426

I live on an acreage, have a DBXL, and a 5iveT, I don't race them, but I beat on them hard! My big 5ive has a spool, and keeps either blowing the right axle, have good axles from Daves, and if the axe holds I eat the diff. wating to buy some stock open diffs for both trucks.. want to put the 5ivet diff in my DBXL, its got the stock DBXL axles, not the big 5ive stuff.

anyone have used parts I can buy?

Thanks

Kasey

dude, as you have both a 5ivet and a dbxl you need to do some research/wrenching first,
find out what 5ive parts will swap over to the dbxl i mean,
they aint the same size wise, dbxl runs smaller bores on the outdrives , so i'd assume none of the 5ive parts will mix n match with the dbxl parts,
yer either gonna have to find a way to swap dbxl over to a full 5ive drive line which kind of defeats the object of owning a dbxl, or heavily modify parts so ya can mix n match the parts,
i don't think yer gonna find many people wanting to part with there spares for cheaps,
ya might just have to bite the bullet and hunt on ebay etc, or buy new,
if yer certain its the spools causing the issues, then dump those and go open diffs first and work from there (y)

My 5t 2.0 has a spool in the center diff and the rear is pretty close to being locked up by fluid and NOTHING has broke and I beat on my 5t. Sounds like you don't know the physical limits of your rigs and are expecting something better when it doesn't exist for your driving habits....drive within the limits of your rigs...we are not leprechauns and theres no pot of magical gold you are looking for

Guys, Forgot to mention, Im a 20+ year tech, not an un experienced guy, I now the drive hubs are bigger, I now the axles are bigger, I know whats bigger and what will cross over Ive had them both gutted in front of me several times. Just sick of blowing up a spool axle, and sick of twisting little dog bones in my DBXL. Ive already gotten everything needed to upgrade the DBXL, just need a rear Diff for it, and want a rear diff for my 5ive. Was hoping for a lil more helpful support, not a bunch of comments about how dumb you guys think i am just off of 1 post on a damn RC forum. I build, fabricate, machine, and restore my old cars, this is just a hobby of mine. Ive ground up restored several cars, work my ass off and enjoy these lil cars as compared to beating on my real cars. I guess ill just buy some new parts and make it all work together.

Unless anyone wants to shoot me a message about some used parts that would be great.
dude, as you have both a 5ivet and a dbxl you need to do some research/wrenching first,
find out what 5ive parts will swap over to the dbxl i mean,
they aint the same size wise, dbxl runs smaller bores on the outdrives , so i'd assume none of the 5ive parts will mix n match with the dbxl parts,
yer either gonna have to find a way to swap dbxl over to a full 5ive drive line which kind of defeats the object of owning a dbxl, or heavily modify parts so ya can mix n match the parts,
i don't think yer gonna find many people wanting to part with there spares for cheaps,
ya might just have to bite the bullet and hunt on ebay etc, or buy new,
if yer certain its the spools causing the issues, then dump those and go open diffs first and work from there (y)

Kinda what Im doing, converting the DBXL over, and 86 the spool. Just Like my old 69 Charger drag car, Spools suck to do anything but go straight, or slip on Dirt racing, they don't like shock....

Last edited:
Guys, Forgot to mention, Im a 20+ year tech, not an un experienced guy, I now the drive hubs are bigger, I now the axles are bigger, I know whats bigger and what will cross over Ive had them both gutted in front of me several times. Just sick of blowing up a spool axle, and sick of twisting little dog bones in my DBXL. Ive already gotten everything needed to upgrade the DBXL, just need a rear Diff for it, and want a rear diff for my 5ive. Was hoping for a lil more helpful support, not a bunch of comments about how dumb you guys think i am just off of 1 post on a damn RC forum. I build, fabricate, machine, and restore my old cars, this is just a hobby of mine. Ive ground up restored several cars, work my ass off and enjoy these lil cars as compared to beating on my real cars. I guess ill just buy some new parts and make it all work together.

Unless anyone wants to shoot me a message about some used parts that would be great.

Kinda what Im doing, converting the DBXL over, and 86 the spool. Just Like my old 69 Charger drag car, Spools suck to do anything but go straight, or slip on Dirt racing, they don't like shock....
dude, nobody said you were dumb, we didnt know how experienced you were with anything,
all we were doing is pointing you in the right direction as far as theres gonna be issues converting dbxl to 5ive running gear,
were only trying to help you out before you spent a crapload on spares then realised it wouldnt be an easy job,
if you have a plan, then thats fine, but we didnt know that just going off your first post (y),

i should have started my post with that....
I guess ill just pony up and buy the parts new take off parts from Ebay...

Sell the dbxl as a roller and go buy a 5ive b kit. There's less then zero sense in what your doing. The dbxl, will never be a great buggy. It's an entry level 1/5 sscale.its priced as such, and till your done blowing the money on a 5ive drive train you'll be over the price of a 5ive b kit that has everything.
Ps. If you'd like someone to call you an idiot, the engineer, or several of the life long mechanics will be more then happy to.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks