Losi 5 2.0 or 30 DNT buying advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeyvegas

Hey folks. I am reasonably new to the 1/5th petrol world but far from new to rc. I have a question I am sure must have been debated but cannot find. Losi 5 or 30DNT. Buying new, happy to spend the cash on the 5 but do wonder if the 30DN + the grand spent in a Taylor 35, exhaust and a few other bits would be a better route?

Losi for sure. You get what you pay for and clone will get you a lot of frustration, I've been there. The quality of fitment and material you get out of Losi is a lot better than clones. The plastic parts on
clones are brittle and will break off easily. The screws on the clone will strip off even with good tools. Losi will break too but can take a beating. The 30D body is cool and apparently pretty unbreakable, but i'd start with a good base car.

Losi for sure. You get what you pay for and clone will get you a lot of frustration, I've been there. The quality of fitment and material you get out of Losi is a lot better than clones. The plastic parts on
clones are brittle and will break off easily. The screws on the clone will strip off even with good tools. Losi will break too but can take a beating. The 30D body is cool and apparently pretty unbreakable, but i'd start with a good base car.
Are you evolve rc on youtube

I have 2 30 degree north dnt that my 10 year old and I race every weekend and haven’t had any trouble breaking parts. Screws could be better. I also have 2 Losi Dbxl 2.0 that we race and we break something almost every weekend. I would save some money and go with the dnt.

I have 2 30 degree north dnt that my 10 year old and I race every weekend and haven’t had any trouble breaking parts. Screws could be better. I also have 2 Losi Dbxl 2.0 that we race and we break something almost every weekend. I would save some money and go with the dnt.
I have an original DBXL myself and it’s a pain in the rear. Generally my 7yr old has run the Erevo and Xmaxx down flat while I’m wrenching on something I hadn’t noticed prior to getting to our spot. Fundamentally what I’m looking to avoid.

I'm totally in the same quandary , thunder rc videos will make you want a 30° product , but losi is a great platform also , I can't FREEKN decide , a Taylor 50 in the losi 5t that I have or a new vesla , or the 30° thing , heck I'll just paint some houses n get them all , then I'll try to find a cheap apartment with tons of shelves , after my devorce !!! 🤣😂💰💰💰💰

I put a Taylor 55 into a t. It’s fast!

Thunder Rc would have had way more followers if he would have bought a Losi not a clone. I questioned him on it as soon as he started he was calling it a 5ive t. But I told him it wasn’t. Plus he converted it to electric. Which was a sin. I don’t watch him any more.

Check out chets canyon raceway on YouTube. This is where I race and we are not easy on them. I think the 30 degree are a very good clone of the Losi. Not taking anything away from the Losi but I do think you are paying for the name.

I can't stand clone stuff tbh, I get it as free industry but still its stealing. The clone company didn't come up with the 5t but losi did and also knowing less quality materials go into it isn't a great feeling

Check out chets canyon raceway on YouTube. This is where I race and we are not easy on them. I think the 30 degree are a very good clone of the Losi. Not taking anything away from the Losi but I do think you are paying for the name.
This is the problem. Losi spends all this money to make the 5ive t. How many 100’s of hours developing parts, testing and remaking parts then recast moulds to offer a new product. Then a company like 30n comes along and buys 1 5t send it to china to turn them into moulds and boom a cheaper losi 5ive t. Supporting clone companies is an insult to all of us, If you can’t understand how this is bad for the hobby then I don’t know what to tell you🤷‍♂️

So it's o k , that I own a losi 5t ? Jeeeze thought I started a fire , my Taylor 50 is going in the vesla , I've decided , my losi is a blast with the stock engine , plus I feel better with the wife running it , without to much power for her , and I can watch my car without watching hers at the same time , well ,,,,,, mostly !?

I appreciate all of your thoughts and feedback folks. I have ordered the Losi - in orange which is my preferred.. I have an olimat in my Taylor basket... Anything else which you consider 'immediate out the box necessary part swaps' before i close out this order??

I appreciate all of your thoughts and feedback folks. I have ordered the Losi - in orange which is my preferred.. I have an olimat in my Taylor basket... Anything else which you consider 'immediate out the box necessary part swaps' before i close out this order??
Do not run this rig without first installing a killswitch
Videos for reference on what can happen if you don’t.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks