Losi 5 2.0 or 30 DNT buying advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had HPI and Losi kits most of my time... in between I owned and well still own/collecting dust redcat rampage mt pro. The Rampage by far has had way more down time for broken crap or things that come apart or whatever... the quality Losi offers in 1/5 scale gets 1st place.

I purchased my 5iveT 2.0 because it happen to attract my attention at a hobby store and I am glad... I have not touched my redcat 1/5 since. However.... I did upgrade it with like everything possible on Detroit performance RC's website. Talk to John there if you get a Losi and want to upgrade it!

Taylor 65 engine along with the samba big bore pipe... yeah you will not be disappointed. Just make sure upgrade your diffs axles if you go that route!

Don't forget to scrap the spektrum :D Futaba has caused my Spektrum to start collecting dust as well :D

Aluminum diff housings are kinda necessary for a big bore engine as your asking alot of the plastic ones to hold the bearings and diff carrier straight with all of the torque being applied by the engine.

Oh the changes are coming , soonly !!! Haven't heard on the shipping of the engine yet , I'll be ordering diff cases , clutch carrier, servo bracket and drive shafts n axels on next Friday , gotta finish a paint job , then I'm able to disguise money disappearance , well,,,,,, maybe 🤔🤔🤔 😵‍💫😵‍💫🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_170615424_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221002_170615424_HDR.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 10
I run IRC UHD drive cups for the center... the wheels fasten to team chase steel booted axles. The driveshafts are stock... I have the rcmaxx chassis and braces front to back with the 7075 alum. diffs etc. I will never jump my 5T or smash on it... I just like having it to blast onroad here and there... it has the Duratrax Bandito tires on it. Overall this kit has turned into an enthusiast thing rather then a RC that I bash on. Thats what the redcat is for haha

I am like 80% done with it... just finishing some radio stuff... telemetry sensors take forever to get from Futaba ... but eventually it be cool to share some pictures on here!

Last edited:
Oh the changes are coming , soonly !!! Haven't heard on the shipping of the engine yet , I'll be ordering diff cases , clutch carrier, servo bracket and drive shafts n axels on next Friday , gotta finish a paint job , then I'm able to disguise money disappearance , well,,,,,, maybe 🤔🤔🤔 😵‍💫😵‍💫🤣🤣
Took 5 days to get my 55 done up and shipped.

how does the bandito tires fit? does it hit the body? isn't it a little small? i really want to try it out for tarmac use. thanks.

bandito tires fit perfect... they are direct replacements compared to the stockers. Its a quality tire and no body rub or anything. I ordered them without wheels but apparently, they only offer them with wheel and tires now. (extra 40 bux a pair) The size... umm yeah they are an onroad thread so they seem skinnier but they are very much the same as the offroad set that comes on the 5T 2.0 / Happy with the look.

The shipping process for the Taylor engines... I believe it took like 2 weeks it came from UK. Excellent overall from start to finish getting it.

Last edited:
I have 2 30 degree north dnt that my 10 year old and I race every weekend and haven’t had any trouble breaking parts. Screws could be better. I also have 2 Losi Dbxl 2.0 that we race and we break something almost every weekend. I would save some money and go with the dnt.
Really trying to get info on the 30 Degree North Buggy...Would you say that this buggy would be competitive with a losi 5b... I see you race the truck...Not much info out there specific to racing the buggy ...Actually I have found no info...Your thoughts please.

Really trying to get info on the 30 Degree North Buggy...Would you say that this buggy would be competitive with a losi 5b... I see you race the truck...Not much info out there specific to racing the buggy ...Actually I have found no info...Your thoughts please.

I would say it would be in the same class as the Dbxl or the 5b if that is what you’re asking. But if you are talking about how that one is made I have no idea.

i personally own a 30DNT truck, hate to say it but alot of people that talk about clones assume its all the same shite as rovan which IS brittle and low quality. im not going to say the 30N is on par with the L5T but its definitely very good quality and i haven't broken anything on it yet and i know @KevTrem runs a G320 on the stock drivetrain no problems. Bar the motor which will need replacing within a year or 2.
i don't want to support clones but for people like me i have no way of affording the actual thing so if buying the clone means it gets you into the hobby then im all for it because that will enevitably mean you end up buying upgrade parts normally from smaller brands that really do need the support.
The other thing i want to highlight is that the 30DNT truck is made by a company called BWS Racing who are apparently very reputable in europe and i think they wanted to do their own thing which they tried with the 30N Buggy but because theres no upgrade support for it no one really wants to buy it over a losi.

Avid enthusiast’s talk Shite about clones because it doesn’t further the hobby. They are profiting off of research and testing done by a few major players in a. niche space. If this space isn’t profitable they will cease to supply, create and innovatate because it is no longer worth while.

Capitalism 101, go to Cuba and get a ride in a 55 Chevy that has a marine engine transplanted in it to keep it it running!

Avid enthusiast’s talk Shite about clones because it doesn’t further the hobby. They are profiting off of research and testing done by a few major players in a. niche space. If this space isn’t profitable they will cease to supply, create and innovatate because it is no longer worth while.

Capitalism 101, go to Cuba and get a ride in a 55 Chevy that has a marine engine transplanted in it to keep it it running!
i have no problem with them talking shite with the concept, thats fine. what i do have a problem with is them mis informing people that they are made to the same grade that a 5 quid supermarket beach spade is when i know for a fact that the 30N trucks are pretty damn good quality when i have one sat 20 metres from me

Well when they didn’t have to pay for the development they should be Able to sell them cheaper, no? The 30 degree is a solid rig rig based proven research and and testing performed by the original parent company (Losi) that designed it.

I’m not judging do what you want! You asked a question in an open forum and I gave you my response. If you don’t like it ignore it or sulk like a Fekking child. I don’t care.

Well when they didn’t have to pay for the development they should be Able to sell them cheaper, no? The 30 degree is a solid rig rig based proven research and and testing performed by the original parent company (Losi) that designed it.

I’m not judging do what you want! You asked a question in an open forum and I gave you my response. If you don’t like it ignore it or sulk like a Fekking child. I don’t care.
i aint saying you arent allowed to make a response and im not going to go sulk like a child because im not that petty

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks