Losi 5ive t, 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo you would be better off breaking them all off and gringing them flat. Not only do they breakeasily, they are harder on your hexes. You will be replacing a lot more rounded out hex heads.

To be honest, ball ends are for the lazy, and I'm one.:) The job can always be done correctly if you just remove the part that's impeding you from getting to the bolt and using a regular hex. It would probably only take another 5 min to remove the part that's in the way, but noooooo, I put that ball end in there at a 50 degree angle and break the tip off. Now that 5 min extra time now turns into hours.(n) Oh well.
Agree....i was doing a full stainless hex bolt swap out on my sv1000's engine and 1x bolt i couldn't get to because tbe faring was in the way......but i struggled and in the end i did it....took almost 40 mins......:p...but if I'd of took the faring off it'd been so much easier.....and quiker....:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
HP: Approx 3.5 or more (before adding tuned exhaust). The G290RC is commonly listed at 3.5hp, but this engine puts out considerably more power than the G290RC. Adding a tuned exhaust or other modifications will further increase horsepower and torque numbers.

Found it Thank You

now a new intake
Turtle Racing Billet Air Filter Box for Losi 5ive (Clamp-On Filter Version) - Raw DDM Deal of the Day for 1/12-13/19! Reg Price 69.99

with a DT1 Large Scale RC Foam Filter - Triple Flow

My brother in law is looking into it for me. He's a mechanic and has talked to the snap-on guy. Unfortunately they don't sell a power driver set smaller than 4mm or 6mm. He told me the sell a set of loose Ls that go down to 1mm in a kit, that have an offset on the short end. I haven't seen them yet but told him to get them for me. Price is $30. I will post the pic and part number when he gets them for me.

Last edited:
I have both the T handle and socket drives in standard and metric. The T handles arnt ball drive, but the sockets are and i have yet to bust one yet. And that's years of abuse working on diesel engines. Expensive but you wont be dissatisfied

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks