Losi 5T 1.0 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

455Cut

I was looking to buy a used Losi 5t 1.0 all original about 10 tanks ran on it per the owner. Just trying to see what the 1.0 are selling for on the market owner is asking $850. Any input is appreciated

There isn’t anything wrong with the 1.0. Same support for big power with more options for centre shafts compared to the 2.0.

Couple things that need love on the 1.0. For that price I’d say go for it.
Plus if it’s a used sale that you go look at take cash and I’m sure you can knock off another 100-150.

Definitely a v1. Any pics with the body off? The v1 came with a 26cc cy engine and it's not very desirable but it's a 5ive-t non the less but id really see what the guys rock bottom dollar is
So I looked up the original msrp of that version and it was $1399 US. I'd offer half price which is 699.50. So let's call half price 650. The truck was released in 2011 so alot of what's on it is most likely original at 12 years old. Large scale is like real cars and at this point you have to do maintenance due to age and it will add to your overall expense on the truck.

Consider replacing all of the bearings

The engine could be tired, could roughly cost 600 to upgrade to a modern engine

The tires could be rough and dry rotted, the rims and foams will be ok but count on atleast 100 for new tires

The servos most likely won't survive 6 months of use again so that's roughly 100-150 a piece

May need a carb at 60 bucks with gaskets

Air filter foam is most likely wasted so that is another 50-100 depending on what you want to do there as an upgrade.

Tearing all the diffs apart as they need new fluid and gaskets/o rings

You get my point.

Last edited:
Yes I do get what you’re saying and that would be the fun part of this purchase. I know it will take some time and money which is okay with me because I’ll be able break it up over time. I did go see the truck and surprisingly it’s not that bad and it runs.

Attachments

• 0F0A8F65-405C-430A-8AFC-7F779B57AB03.png
    0F0A8F65-405C-430A-8AFC-7F779B57AB03.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 21
Consider replacing all of the bearings

The engine could be tired, could roughly cost 600 to upgrade to a modern engine

The tires could be rough and dry rotted, the rims and foams will be ok but count on atleast 100 for new tires

The servos most likely won't survive 6 months of use again so that's roughly 100-150 a piece

May need a carb at 60 bucks with gaskets

Air filter foam is most likely wasted so that is another 50-100 depending on what you want to do there as an upgrade.

Tearing all the diffs apart as they need new fluid and gaskets/o rings

You get my point.
I say you can get it for 600-700 if you know how to beat the price down with all this stuff... that's only if you are a professional lowballer like me tho 😂

The 2.0 shocks are better imo, easier to bleed anyway. I think I'm running a 2.0 steering set up in my 1.5 version. May have been a tr set up. Can't remember without looking at it again. Actually other then the center diff just about everything is 2.0 on mine. Besides what I got off the guys here evilbay had lots of new take off 2.0 stuff. Just really the center diff and shafts arw the big differences.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks