Losi 5t 2.0 diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheifbobo

Hello guys. I have a losi 5t with a rcmax 40gt engine. I just recently upgraded my carb to a wj-71. I KEEP snapping dog bones. Some people say to keep my locker. That its not the locker. Than some people say it is. I have to buy new diffs. Whats the best diff ml of silicone oil to use if i was to keep the locker. Whats the best to use in oil wise if i was to take the locker out? I run a 28 pinion and a 56 spur for gearing. I do not bash or jumps of any kind. I run on flat grassy fields. Can i get some opinions please thanks guys for the help

@John Parks is our resident 5ive t big bore guy. He should be able to help you.

To kick off the questions let me ask a few.
Is your drive train stock? If not what is upgraded
When you mean diff fluid to keep the locker are you referring to the center diff? As the locker doesn't use diff oil.
I feel that your issue is in the dog bones your using and when you strengthen one area your just going to find the next weakest link.

You may have to adjust your gearing for less torque and a higher speed if you can't get it to stop.

My guess is the additional torque of the 40gt combined with the locker and gearing is too much load for the drivetrain. Perhaps 500k in a center diff and less gear will help.

For reference I have an ESP 34 race port in my 5T, stock 20/62 gearing and 500k in the center diff.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks