Losi DBXL Battery upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool. My Lipo charger uses Deans plugs, not sure if I should swap everything to deans?

Also shua, how much life are you getting on one battery? Wondering if I should get 2 for the long day at the track or will one do ok?

Last edited:
Factory battery

Hey there-new to forum(4/13/14)just reading about everyone's choice of power for the New dbxl.I know 2s is stronger and faster but why worry about over discharge.All you need to do is buy another stock battery and wire it together.It fits a tad tight but it fits.You can also leave the second charge wire in place and you never have to unplug from your on/off switch wire.I trimmed the walls of the battery box myself but it's not "have to do".Just wanted to throw my 2 cents?I look forward to learning from you guys-and yes you gals to........

I run mine with lipo and it works just fine just bee careful in grass or sand it hard on servos and make sure you don't over travel them that's hard on them to

The stock battery is way to small. Anyone upgrade their battery and if so what did you go with.

I bought 3 of these they work really well,perfect size, and they last me 30mins per tank with Savox servos.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...h_3000mAh_2S2P_20_40C_Lipo_Receiver_Pack.html

I believe the RCMK XCR-1000 radio tray is interchangeable with the DBXL since RCMK manufacturers the Losi DBXL.The battery compartment is much bigger.it also has a compartment for a voltage meter.Anybody tried the XCR 1000 tray?

Hi, just got a new Losi DBXL, how yall doin?

totally new to these , need help, i just got this Dynamite Prophet Sport NiMH 35W AC Charger DYNC2000CA charger,

will this charger work for these upgrade batteries you mentioned?

or whats a good upgrade battery that this charger can charge? thanks jason

Hi, just got a new Losi DBXL, how yall doin?

totally new to these , need help, i just got this Dynamite Prophet Sport NiMH 35W AC Charger DYNC2000CA charger,

will this charger work for these upgrade batteries you mentioned?

or whats a good upgrade battery that this charger can charge? thanks jason

Hi. That charger will only charge NiMH batteries and if I'm not mistaken you will struggle to find a higher capacity NiMH battery that will fit in the DBXL's battery compartment... Most have gone for the Killer RC Box Lid Kit to increase room and replaced with their LiPO battery too. However, these servos aren't LiPO compatible so you may find (as some have) that they don't last very long with the higher voltage.

Factory battery

Hey there-new to forum(4/13/14)just reading about everyone's choice of power for the New dbxl.I know 2s is stronger and faster but why worry about over discharge.All you need to do is buy another stock battery and wire it together.It fits a tad tight but it fits.You can also leave the second charge wire in place and you never have to unplug from your on/off switch wire.I trimmed the walls of the battery box myself but it's not "have to do".Just wanted to throw my 2 cents?I look forward to learning from you guys-and yes you gals to........
Hi, could I have some more info on this please e.g. How do you charge it, how did you wire it together......

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks