Losi DBXL-E buggy!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - crickets. Guess not many running this kit? Finally got mine and so far so good. Need a cooling fan for the motor as it runs HOT/HOT.

Hi new to the forum! I do have a question on the dbxle. My esc keeps going into cell count. It lunges forward for a second then stops and starts it 8 cell count. Is that esc fried or does it need reprogramming? Also if fried what is my best upgrade.i have had nothing but out of the box problems with it. I sent the motor and esc to horizon with this issue and 3 weeks later send me back same items and has the same problem.
Thanks rob

I'm not familiar with cell count mode? How do you know you are in it? I ask because my new in box xle did something like this on my third run. It would lurch forward but stop... I recall hearing some beeping but not sure what it meant. To get going I literally had to push the kit then it started and ran for the entire battery

I'm not familiar with cell count mode? How do you know you are in it? I ask because my new in box xle did something like this on my third run. It would lurch forward but stop... I recall hearing some beeping but not sure what it meant. To get going I literally had to push the kit then it started and ran for the entire battery

Hi dirtroad, yeah when the esc first starts up you hear 6 to 8 beeps. That depends on your battery. But yes mine does the same lunges forward then stops then recounts the cells over like if i had just turned it on. I had this model since end of june and used it about 2 hrs in total. 2nd time i used it shredded a tire and fiam insert right off, then the 4th time is when i started having that esc problem. Today horizon hobbies says it probably is a esc problem. Im looking into another type esc. This buggy has been shelfed more than used. But when she runs it is a beast!

Well that is a pita if it's the case. Mine was NIB last week - would think this is something that they could/would catch in quality control. I hope calibrating will help.

In your case if you ROLL/start your xle does it run?

Well that is a pita if it's the case. Mine was NIB last week - would think this is something that they could/would catch in quality control. I hope calibrating will help.

In your case if you ROLL/start your xle does it run?
Tried the calibrating its a no go, ill try the roll start. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So when you spoke with Horizon did they have any troubleshooting? How does the return work? Do you have to ship broken part to them and wait for replacement?
I did that about a month or so ago, they said send in the motor and esc together because the tech did not know. Waited 3 weeks to get back my same equipment. Powered it on but i did not run it. It seemef o.k . But got busy and did not run the car until yesterday and the same issue is happening. Now its out of warranty! My fault for trusting that was fixed.

I did that about a month or so ago, they said send in the motor and esc together because the tech did not know. Waited 3 weeks to get back my same equipment. Powered it on but i did not run it. It seemef o.k . But got busy and did not run the car until yesterday and the same issue is happening. Now its out of warranty! My fault for trusting that was fixed.
Im hearing the hobbywing max 5 will work great. So I guess I will get one

How long did they say the warranty was?

Consider the remote that comes with their high end 1/5. Its toy grade. You pay out the butt and they give you a lot of sub par parts. There was quite a few things about my MTXL that really pissed me off where it was clear that they cut corners. I personally think it is under the assumption that we are going to hop up the whole thing anyway. That may be. And I might do that in time, but that should not influence the quality of their product, because it is so expensive. The materials used are not expensive. It is not rocket science, the amount of R&D needed can be done by 2-3 people with the right (not too expensive these days) gear. So is their stock electronics poop in their electric buggy? I would not be surprised at all if it was the case and that they expect you to tear it out and hop up it anyway.

How long did they say the warranty was?
They said term warranty on certain parts. But my problem is I had the dbxle since the end of june, so now its a little over 3 months. In all that time its been out of commission more than running. Its time to get the max 5 esc. Or sell it and get a vekta[emoji16]

Consider the remote that comes with their high end 1/5. Its toy grade. You pay out the butt and they give you a lot of sub par parts. There was quite a few things about my MTXL that really pissed me off where it was clear that they cut corners. I personally think it is under the assumption that we are going to hop up the whole thing anyway. That may be. And I might do that in time, but that should not influence the quality of their product, because it is so expensive. The materials used are not expensive. It is not rocket science, the amount of R&D needed can be done by 2-3 people with the right (not too expensive these days) gear. So is their stock electronics poop in their electric buggy? I would not be surprised at all if it was the case and that they expect you to tear it out and hop up it anyway.
Very true Thrasher! Well said

Damn you have bad protection. We have 2 years protection on any goods bought online. WIth the exception of perishables like food or lotto numbers. 3 years on all electronics.

Was able to take it out again today for two runs. Started right out of the gate (I did not calibrate...). Ran great ... few glitches but overall working well. Need my castle fan ASAP though ...

Was able to take it out again today for two runs. Started right out of the gate (I did not calibrate...). Ran great ... few glitches but overall working well. Need my castle fan ASAP though ...
Nice sounds great! Hope you have good luck with it, yes that fan is a good idea. Have fun with it.

Looks like my ESC is toast. Went out and lasted for 1 minute until it just stopped/dead - lights out. Problem is that Horizon H is back ordered on the ESC - appears they are having more failures then they anticipated. I'm not against going with a max 5 but I expected the stock esc to hold up for more than 4 runs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks