losi DBXL pipes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maudsley

silenced or unsilenced bartalone or vrc pipe?

is there a difference in power between silenced or unsilenced?

is it purely just nice levels n thats it?

vrc or bart?

cheers guys

Hello I talked to Bartolone Racing on the phone before I bought my pipe and asked him specifically if there was any difference in performance between their silencced and non-silenced pipe for the DBXL and he said NO...both pipes make the same power and perform the same...the only difference is one is quieter.....so I bought the quieter pipe...and like how it sounds better too......hope this helps

Nothing beats the sound of an unsilenced Bartolone pipe. I have both but I run the louder pipe when I can. Certain tracks allow me to run unsilenced and some don't. It's nice to actually hear your engine from the driver's stand which can easily be about 200' away from the buggy on the tracks here in Ontario.

I can only vouch for the bartolone pipe....I did a lot of research before I bought it and never heard anyone say anything bad about it. I love mine. Everything that Bartolone racing makes it top notch stuff.

Well, i have a Bartolone pipe on my DBXL for almost a year now, and running in cold weather, it's perfect.

Where i get a problem, is in higher temps in the summer. The pipe comes by so close to the throttle servo, that it overheats the servo to a point that the servo start glitching or completly stops working.

Letting the servo cool down, works, but it barely takes half a tank to get to the point where it overheats again...

I tried pipe wrapping, but it only bought 2-3 more minutes before the problem faces up again.

I checked out the problem and drilled holes in the servo box holder (not the servo itself, but the battery/servo) in order to ease with heat dissipation, but that also only gave me 2-3 min more time...

I can't run the DBXL with the Bartolone with a 20 celcius outside temp or more, for more than 12-14 minutes... if it's 30 celcius, it's more like 8-9 mins before the servo reaches 142 fahrenheit and once it reaches that temp, either the original Losi or a Savox 0235, it stops working. I even blew a brand new Savox because of overheat.

Now i am thinking about the VRC Big Bore pipe as the design of that pipe goes up the top of the engine instead of just half an inch from the throttle servo, which should solve the overheat problem.

I tried to see if other people had the same problem with the Bartolone and i saw i was not alone... so if you go Bartolone, i would say this is something to consider, especially when you pay 240$ for a tuned pipe.

hummm...^^ never heard of that problem with the bartolone pipe, I have one but I have only had my dbxl since october so I have not run it in hot weather yet. Has anyone else had that problem with the bartolone pipe overheating the servo in hot weather?

this sounds like a issue!!! anyone else having this trouble? as I was about to buy the bart pipe next wk. unsure now?

I had a Bartolone silenced pipe. Ran it all summer with a Hitec 5765 without having a problem but I doubt it was that hot outside. Recently sold it because I want the unsilenced version. I think the VRC pipe has some clearance issues around the cage?

Clearance issues or not, i don't mind, the Bartolone also melted the cage at 2 spots, so can't be really worse IMHO.

The servo are not "over" traveling as my end points are correctly set. And i fried one Savox barely after 10min of it being installed (it was hot outside, around 85-90) and it reached 148 degrees... and the electronics fried inside, had to get it replaced.

When i run the SAME DBXL in winter time, or in chilly conditions, i can run it for hours and hours without a single problem, with same servo and Bartolone Pipe.

I reached Bartolone to see what they could offer as a solution, and they never came back to me. So quite frankly, for me, it's a 230$ down the drain as i CAN'T sell the pipe because of this issue, and also because i CAN'T use it summer time.

And by the way, i swapped the servo with the sterring servo, and the problem remained at the throttle, the servo performed like it should on the steering, so the problem really is because of overheating issues, as i did check the temp of the servo casing, and the problem was only when the case of the servo reaches 140 degrees or more that it start glitching, over 145, it stops working.

If i can manage to keep the temp under 140, everything works fine... but when it's 90 outside, forget this, that area is always around 150 degrees...

The bartolone goes over the throttle servo by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, which is way too close. With the pipe reaching easily 250-270 degrees in hot temperature outside, the heat that radiates from the pipe, wrapped or not, will do the same thing.

Any pipe that goes that close to the pipe will suffer the same thing, this is not a new thing, many people had that overheating problem with certain pipes on the Losi 5ive-T, now i get this on the DBXL and i am not the only one around here that had overheating issues related to the Bartolone pipe or similar that goes too close to the throttle servo.

I tried everything i could to help out lower the temp, found no other real solution then to turn to the VRC Pipe, which is designed to go as far as possible from the throttle servo, which i think, will resolve my overheating problem caused by the pipe going too close to the servo and radiates heat and transfer it to the servo, which results in loss of pleasure because i have to wait for the servo to cool down to start playing again.

Just sharing my experience of the Bartolone pipe... Beside that overheating problem the pipe performs very well, plenty of power all across the band, low, mid or high RPM, have nothing to say about that... but the heat is a REAL problem for me.

Yes, i did that along with the holes i drilled through the servo box in order to cool the servo core.

The problem i had with this, is that i found NO fan on the market that resists off-road racing. With all jumps, mud, snow, water, etc, the fan lasts 5 min and either jam or break.

This might be ok for on-road or interior 1/10 cars, but 1/5 scale off-road it doesn't work.

Rassal this might be a dumb question but do you think your motor is running hotter then normal. Now I am new to the hobby and I just got a dbxl back in october and the first thing I did was to buy a gizmo modded 30.5 and the bartolone silenced pipe and now I have not run it in hot weather but I have run the buggy hard and I can still put my hand on the pipe and its not that hot. Gizmo recomends 8 ounces of oil in a gallon of gas....so maybe my motor is running cooler......I am no expert,...just a thought. This summer I will know for sure when I run the dbxl in hot weather.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks