losi DBXL pipes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put the vrc big bore silenced on my stock motor and a short velocity stack with good filter woke the stock motor up an impressive amount. Pipe is great quality it's not that much quieter than the stock can. But noise is less crass caries a shorter distance. Did have some fitment issues with mounting bracket. But it gives good clearance all the way around and sounds great. As soon as two stock motor guys saw the difference they ordered one. The bars are good but too loud imo.

I was about to buy a Bartolone pipe my self and these issues scare me. now i'm not so sure. I hope someone can come up with some kind of solution soon.

Pipe ???

hi...hm,I'm new in this hobby,I read all the comments about..pipe's,and still...So > Barolone ? Jetpro ? Victory ? DDM Dominator ? Tuned pipe by losi team ? I'm ready to "smash" my piggy "bank" for a ...PIPE !!! tks guys,4 help

Last edited:
do not buy the RCMK pipe!!!! its crap im returning it to ddm along with the RCMK motor mount kit i spent 30 minutes with a dremel cleaning up the welds inside the manifold and thought to myself if it looks this bad here how bad is it where you cant see..

RCMK=integy!! in quality

I get the Bartolone silenced pipe. .is on my DBXL and run great,more power to Buggy, and like noise...is about the same like stock one.For my ears this upgrade pipe,....sound good and "full-deep"...closer to a "bass".

guys at ddm are awesome i bought rcmk stuff and completely hated it. and gave me a bartolone unsilenced pipe at the price of the rcmk.
that being said i should have went silenced i had no idea how loud it was going to be

Just a follow up on my problem with the Bartolone pipe on my DBXL. I got myself a VRC Pro Big Bore pipe, silenced, and same power/performance/noise level of my Bartolone, but without the overheat problem.

So to me, which i would say i was unlucky... the bartolone was really the culprit for me.

I see that DDM has the VRC Unsilenced pipe back in stock. Is it a direct bolt up to the DBXL chassis or do any additional holes need to be drilled?

They both need 1 hole to be drilled into the chassis in order to install the support bracket.

The bartolone requires a hole on the left side, the VRC on the right side.

Both very easy to install.

Install the pipe before drilling your hole, because in both case, you will need to align them correctly inside in order for them not to touch the cage.

If they touch the case, they will melt it down.

I have both, and i prefer the VRC because it runs the servo side lower in temp. The Bartolone for me was raising the temp on the servo to high 130 and low 140... which for some servo a big problem as they can't operate past 125...

They both need 1 hole to be drilled into the chassis in order to install the support bracket.

The bartolone requires a hole on the left side, the VRC on the right side.

Both very easy to install.

Install the pipe before drilling your hole, because in both case, you will need to align them correctly inside in order for them not to touch the cage.

If they touch the case, they will melt it down.

I have both, and i prefer the VRC because it runs the servo side lower in temp. The Bartolone for me was raising the temp on the servo to high 130 and low 140... which for some servo a big problem as they can't operate past 125...

Thanks for the feedback. VRC pipe on order.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks