Losi MTXL ..Your opinions count!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Losi/spektrum..their thing this time around is that AVC stuff...but it doesn't play well with a kill switch...they don't get along...like to fight a lot. So unless they or someone else finds a way to make it work with 2,3,4 channel radio...i don't think it's gonna be standard for them..it might also be an insurance liability?.....dunno...just guessing.

I disagree on that one....
Kill switch should be mandatory if you are using a cheap or the most expensive radio.....it shuts the engine off..which translates into...no moving 35+lbs $1000+ rc vehicle running away from you with wot hitting someone or something.
The fail safe on your radio is good but not enough for these 1/5 scale cars. There could be a glitch...or throttle/brake servo could fry on wot....or battery could get disconnected somehow....no brakes then....what do you do? Hope nothing bad happens?
At least with the kill switch if there's a glitch or loss of battery or loss of signal or whatever, the engine shuts off. No runaways. IMO it should be the FIRST upgrade you do to your vehicle...even before you break the engine in. Why chance having a runaway and doing serious damage to someone or something? Accidents can and will happen..have the capability to SHUT YOU ENGINE DOWN.
The Dynamite kill switch is like $30-$40 bucks...Killer Bee/Super bee is around $50-$60. Spend the money for the kill switch.

Here is a good video of a runaway 5th scale rc....no kill switch installed. Luckily no one was hurt. (if you don't wanna sit through the whole thing fast forward to around 4mins)

aaaaand this the explanation of why the failsafe didnt work.

Sorry to hijack your thread voo2doo...back on topic now.

Jetpro, Bartolone and Victory all make pipes specifically for the MTXL.
Link to DDM is below.
http://www.davesmotors.com/Search-Page/?search=mtxl pipe

Will the stock Spektrum DX2E transmitter that comes with the Losi MTXL work with the Dynamite Kill Switch? Thanks

Get rid of the tx/rx that comes with it and upgrade to a non avc. Upgrade the steering bellcrank to aluminum, do the chassis supports in aluminum, upgrade the clutch bell carrier, along with aluminum differential cases. run 500k center diff lil and 100k front and rear. Then swap the fluid in the shocks to 7000cst. Get a pipe as it wakes the engine up, still under powered though. Also get the d845wp servos for the steering. 20180302_115923.jpg20180311_192243.jpg

No they do not. If you cut them uneven then yes, they would be terrible lol. You have to have a lot of patience and be perfect when cutting them

Can you post a video or pics of how you cut the tires. Give the truck a sick look

They are already cut so no video and I never took pics. This rig is sold also so I cant make anything. You just have to measure your wheel diameter on both sides and transfer it to the tire and cut. If it's your first time and you don't trust yourself, make a small pattern that is smaller than the wheel and practice a few times before you make your final cut to fit.

I actually traded it as a roller for a baja that was insanely built. I do regret it sometimes lol, but I'm building a pro-am/ rcmax losi 5ive-t right now so the regret is going away lol. I don't post much on internet forums anymore as nobody usually has the money for them. It wasnt cheap to build and I wasnt giving it away to someone.

Nice! whatever makes you happy. i often flip one toy for the next! still cant decide. Want a MTXL as the size.. i love MT's. But ive had my 5ive T running again and man is it loud! So, ive been thinking of building a 5ive B with Electric, since its a kit i figure it would be cheaper then a MTXL and converting that over... Wish they had a MTXL Kit

I know theres quite a few people running electric mtxl trucks. Look up 1/5 scale rc obsession on Facebook and 1/5 scale rc madness usa. Both are really good pages for info

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks