Losi Tuned Exhaust is Loud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scallopking

Hey everyone. So I got and installed the Losi tuned pipe. Holy mackerel is this is loud, so loud that I am considering switching it out for a silenced pipe. I saw a few videos and it was awesome sounding but didn't really capture how loud it was. I mean don't get me wrong, sounds meaty now and increased the low end but my wife won't even be near it now. Did anyone else have this happen after they bought a tuned non silenced pipe? Do they make a silencer for the losi I wonder? Is it me and the neighbors have to deal with it? I have a very large empty lot across the street from me so I run it out there. It's not so bad from hearing it out there but around the homes is crazy. Thanks.

All the pipes are loud. Silenced ones still have a bit of noise to them but are toned down from the high pitch rasp. There are still not quiet like a stock pipe though.

That's what I wondered how silenced they are really. The rasp sounds good but the real improvement is the horsepower for me. Any bike I've had in the past the first thing to change is the exhaust so this wasn't any different. :)

20170819_215851.jpg

Is it this losi/Bartalone pipe you have? I modded mine slightly to fit the MTXL and pointed the exit upwards so its spews excess crap away from the vehicle, with the side effect that it makes even more of a racket. This fiddlesticking thing is so loud that I can feel it in my chest when I start it up.

hahaha that's must be loud, lol yeah the same thing basically, how did you turn it upwards? how do the hose clamps work, I was looking for a spring. but that looks like it would be good too. your MTXL is clean! my buddy might be considering one.

hahaha that's must be loud, lol yeah the same thing basically, how did you turn it upwards? how do the hose clamps work, I was looking for a spring. but that looks like it would be good too. your MTXL is clean! my buddy might be considering one.

I just cut off the tip and welded it back on at a new angle. Did nothing performance wise. Which is dissapointing because everybody knows that loud is better. Just like how a car with flames on is faster than a car which has no flames. The clamps do their job. I was tired of my driving style tearing it apart. Its an ok'ish exhaust but that there is a clear flaw in design philosophy right there. yes, I keep my stuff mint, I drive like I stole it so its important to take it apart on occation and dirt is the enemy of ease of disassembly. Its incredible what the waterhose, a soapy rag and some wd40 can do.

Tell your buddy that if he is into monstertrucks and bashing, then its a wonderful thing. If he wants something stupid fast with super tight controls, then he need to look elsewhere. The bounce can be dampened with wide beadlocks. The pic is from before I added mine, but I added some carbon fiber ones that almost close the rim. Makes them a pain to clean, but its worth it. Maybe find some that are just a plate, so you don't get much and dirt in there at all?!

Last edited:
I run a Bart big bore silenced on mine 5t 2.0, did have to modify little to get exhaust out of chassis
I love it, improved low and mid range noticeable still makes some noise but its not that bad (IMO)
View attachment 48984View attachment 48984View attachment 48985View attachment 48984
also added some new rubbers, waiting on weather, hoping tomorrow be dry enough

nice looking! I want those tires for my DBXL. Where did you get them? Next RC is a silenced pipe I think. :)

lot of rain lately, haven't had a chance to really run car, tested fine on street.
for the price cant go wrong with a stock set up.
been doing research on motor upgrade, trying to make choice between RC Max 65 and ALX
for sure a BIG BORE
trying to find some one state side to deal with for ALX

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks