Low Cost cars hitting the web

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raco 19t Steel Pinion Clarification

I received it today in the mail. Pretty darn quick delivery. Very nice pinion. The pinion teeth line up perfectly with the teeth on the nylon stock pinion gear......BUT the teeth are a bit shorter. It's made by Lauterbacher. Out on their website, it shows the pinion but says specifically it is for FG/Harm. :censored: :no:

I guess I'll hold onto it for a backup just in case, or in case I purchase an FG someday.

Sorry if I led anyone astray! The Raco site had it listed under Carson Attack, so I assumed.... Stick with the HobbyThek one!

csp1971

Last edited:
will the pinion not bolt up to your truck? because it says for FG doesn't mean it fits only FG. I guess you probably already tried to mount it.

I hadn't tried yet...my allen wrench is stripped and I need to get a new one. I'll try it out though once I get one. If it works, I'll post it here!

Firehammer MT clone

I have a firehammer MT clone, The Bigfoot with 26cc engine. I purchased it over ebay. It came from Electotech Australia. I bought my for 399 plus 172 shipping, 571 total. Tower hobbies has the firehammer MT for 949.99, that is a 378.99 savings. I busted the front end up when I hit a culvert on the side of the road, and firehammer Mt parts are a direct replacement for this truck. Note: when replacing the front lower suspension arms you will have to tap the new arm with a 5mm -.80 turn tap in order to get the pin started that holds the bottom of the shock in place. I turned the tap with hand pressure only, 1 - 1/2 turns. Everything is good now.
I replace the square air filter with the round one that comes on a the firehammer MT, you will also have to do slight mods to this to get the 2 screws to seat properly. I use a forsner bit and set my depth stop to meet the shims in the original one. I replace the body, the body was crap, now I have a john deer green firehammer MT body. With my mods I only spent 98.00, which brings my total to 669.00, which still has me saving total 280.99. I think will buy the Nomadio Sensor to compliment my Truck.:)

I also bought the smartech bigfoot. I don't know about the smartech nitro models but this bigfoot is a fine truck for the money, i have no complaints.

Hi I am Smartech Importer in New Zealand and have been looking for an aftermarket pipe for F150 Monster Truck I have tried one pipe from Jet-pro but is designed for the FG M/T it does fit sort-of and has good power but not what I would call a dirrect fit! any sugguestions??? www.rcinnovations.co.nz Cheers Bryan

I have a Dominator pipe. It fits pretty good. What is the issue with the JetPro fitting?

I had to make the mounting hole a bit bigger so it would line up with the hole on the Firehammer correctly.

hey csp1971 I had to bend my bracket on my jetpro pipe. have you every used a DDM 7500 rpm clutch I just orderd on and just wonderd if they are any good ? I have heard good things about DDM any body else use them

I haven't used that clutch....yet! I've been wanting to do that eventually, but currently I have had so many problems with dogbones snapping off my left outdrive that more low-end will probably cause me more harm than good! :)

There arent very many FG parts that are a direct fit to the FH or SMT vehicles. While they look the same they are completely different.

The DDM Torque pipe is a good pipe its explosive off the line but falls flat on the top end. If you want a ton of acceleration and don't care how fast the truck is than this is your pipe. They also have a Top End pipe which gives just a slight boost to low end and explosive mid and top end.

The drivetrain on the truck does flex alot when you accelerate from a dead stop, which would make me worry about putting a pipe with alot of bottom end power. The only problems with my truck is the left rear wheel nut keeps loosening up, other than that its fine.

hey TXTRCR what did you do too solve that problem mine has done the same thing I put on a new nylock nut but it does the same thing will it could be worst ! I don't have problem with the dogbones a least not yet I hope csp finds the problem and post it

Leadfoot,

I hope I find the problem too. I'm waiting for the new outdrives to be delivered and the new dogbones. I think, but I'm not quite sure that I had a bad outdrive. The inside part where the dogbone slides in was always fairly tight and wouldn't allow the dogbone to rotate or move as it should. I tried to smooth it out with a dremel but that never seemed to help completely. Thankfully I lost it when the dogbone broke and shot out. I walked around for about 30 minutes looking for it, but decided to leave it since it has chewed up 3 dogbones.

the only way i know to fix the wheel nut problem for good is to have a shaft custom made with left hand threads, so that when the wheel spins the nut will tighten instead of loosen.

The second solution while not as perminate is to buy a metal lock nut A.K.A Mechanical lock nut. its actually a nut that has been squeezed so that its smaller in inside diameter and locks onto the threads. The Nylon lock nut will always loosen up after its been removed a few times. the Mechanical lock nut has a better chance of holding the threads for a longer time but will also get loose over time.

mechanical lock nut is a better cheaper fix

perm fix is to get a shaft with left hand threads.

i thought for sure i posted the answer but i guess i hit the wrong button.

A good but temporary fix for the wheel nuts, is to use an all metal lock nut. or find a standard nut that fits and either squeeze it in a vice, or hit it one of the flat surfaces with a hammer. What you want to do is make the inside threaded portion of the nut oval shaped so that it locks onto the threads of the drive shaft.

A perminate fix would be to have a custom shaft and nut made, one that uses left hand threads so that when you apply force to the nut it will tighten instead of loosen.

The all metal lock nut or mechanical lock nut will hold many times better than a nylock nut. But will still eventually loosen up.

Leadfoot,
I ran my truck this evening after replacing my diff outdrive (the one that was snapping my dogbones) and put in a new dogbone. Before I put the outdrive in the diff, I put the dogbone in to see how it rotated. Free rotation without the binding. Ran it for about 40 minutes tonight without any problems. Love it!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks