M5x65mm exhaust bolt missing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigfla

I ordered a replacement set but I was wondering if I just bought a normal m5x65mm bolt would that work in a pinch so I can run my truck this week while I wait for delivery of the correct ones? The stock ones aren’t fully threaded all the way so if I bought a normal full length bolt I don’t want to bugger up anything

Thanks I figured it wouldn’t be an issue but I often end up screwing something up when I get hurried

?‍♂️ it will be just fine, it cost more money to thread a fastener all the way to the top, and normally isnt needed. That's why they spec the longer bolts with just so much thread. The gasket will be just fine. A hole is a hole and it don't care if theres a thread in it or not.

Couldn’t find anything at Lowe’s or Ace. I really wanted to fire it up this week bc I am having surgery Monday. Closest Fastenal is an hour away. Maybe Home Depot will have something. Annoying I didn’t notice it got loose.

Couldn’t find anything at Lowe’s or Ace. I really wanted to fire it up this week bc I am having surgery Monday. Closest Fastenal is an hour away. Maybe Home Depot will have something. Annoying I didn’t notice it got loose.

Try a small engine repair shop ,they should have a lot of different size metric screws & bolts!

I have a ton of them ,some are even loc type bolts that have like a triangle shape rather than round!...:cool:

I am screwed. Nobody local has anything. I guess I will just have to wait till my order arrives next week. I never figured it would be so difficult to find a M5x65mm bolt.

I am screwed. Nobody local has anything. I guess I will just have to wait till my order arrives next week. I never figured it would be so difficult to find a M5x65mm bolt.

When I need a specific bolt ,nut or screw ,I go to my local Napa auto store!...:cool:

If I need it that bad Amazon is 2 days away
I ordered from Amazon. spent $20 bucks on 4 genuine HPI replacement parts with shipping. I prob shoulda just ordered from DDM and got a few single bolts. I could order a pack from Amazon today but Friday delivery and another $15 bucks for a pack of 20 just annoys me. I have pre-op testing on Friday and surgery Monday. My HPI parts will prob arrive while I am on the table. I guess I'll just wait. I'll be more apt to work on the truck while I am recovering anyway.

I ordered from Amazon. spent $20 bucks on 4 genuine HPI replacement parts with shipping. I prob shoulda just ordered from DDM and got a few single bolts. I could order a pack from Amazon today but Friday delivery and another $15 bucks for a pack of 20 just annoys me. I have pre-op testing on Friday and surgery Monday. My HPI parts will prob arrive while I am on the table. I guess I'll just wait. I'll be more apt to work on the truck while I am recovering anyway.

Can I send you my address if you don't recover?...:giggle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks