Marder No 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

Just bought another marder off 1 of the guys over at the NWORCC forum with a view to tidying it up for my brother-in-law but might keep it as a project car!! From what I can see, spec is:
23cc engine with bling cover & DDM pullstart - not sure whether Zen or CY yet?
K&N style filter
FG tuned pipe
Alloy lower arms at back
Alloy upper arms at front with 1 No alloy lower arm
Alloy A & B front bulkhead parts
Alloy front hubs
FG alloy shocks (1 No with broken shaft)
Hitec steering servos
New spur, pinion & layshaft gears
Numerous std plastic items inc wishbones, fuel tank & suspension mounts
Spare set of 4 wheels with slicks
2 NIB slick tyres
Spare set of 4 wheels with spikes

Its far from perfect, the shell is broken in two, there is some damage to a front rose joint, radio tray is an ally home made affair -functional but doesn't look the best as is the receiver box, no radio gear (not a problem), no throttle servo, fuel tank leaks from filler cap.

Generally it just needs a good clean up & tidying. I have my beetle shell so rather than swapping mounts to use that shell I might use this car for it & keep both :D

It was a bit of a bargain I thought. Will get some pics posted when I get time this weekend & update the spec.

Will also take pics of the strip down & re-build :cool:

Last edited:
Jusy curious on how much you paid for it,i have a friend that has one for sale that has the 4wheel drive kit on it with a 28.5 and hitec servos for $400 and was wondering if im getting a pretty good deal.

Jusy curious on how much you paid for it,i have a friend that has one for sale that has the 4wheel drive kit on it with a 28.5 and hitec servos for $400 and was wondering if im getting a pretty good deal.

I paid £200 GBP mate but as I said above it needs work and I took a chance cos I haven't seen it running! The guy is known by some off here so at that price it was worth a shot. Just going thru the box of spares that came with it & there is a full car's worth of plastic parts in good usable condition, full set of std shocks, hubs, fuel tank, anti roll bar, numerous rose joints, everything you could think of plus a few surprises such as an ally gear carrier and another pair of wheels with good slick tyres :D

The guy is into MCD's so had no need for the FG parts once the marder had gone. The plastic parts aren't worth anything used but is a great set of spares.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks