Max rpm against a wall

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teejay112

Has anybody put their rc against a wall and tested their max rpm with all wheels spinning on dry ground just to see what they get

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Has anybody put their rc against a wall and tested their max rpm with all wheels spinning on dry ground just to see what they get

That's a horrible idea, b cuz it would put alot of stain not only on the drivetrain but also the clutch. If u really want to test the max rpm just hold it off the ground and rev it out for a couple seconds, did that to mine never had a problem. Just don't hold it at full throttle for too long cuz it might over heat cuz there's not much air flow

That's a horrible idea, b cuz it would put alot of stain not only on the drivetrain but also the clutch. If u really want to test the max rpm just hold it off the ground and rev it out for a couple seconds, did that to mine never had a problem. Just don't hold it at full throttle for too long cuz it might over heat cuz there's not much air flow
You are right I noticed at the lower revs the wheels didn't move and smoke was coming from the clutch housing vents so probably wore that out I do have a replacement to put in but still seems fine at the moment top end could do with leaning out a bit tho

I was just seeing what it would reach under that kind of load

You are right I noticed at the lower revs the wheels didn't move and smoke was coming from the clutch housing vents so probably wore that out I do have a replacement to put in but still seems fine at the moment top end could do with leaning out a bit tho

I was just seeing what it would reach under that kind of load

Yeah, speaking of clutch, I'd replace that clutch with a fs clutch for longer life (no I'm not sponsored by fs ?)

Yeah, speaking of clutch, I'd replace that clutch with a fs clutch for longer life (no I'm not sponsored by fs [emoji38])
Ordered one yesterday just because this clutch has had alot of abuse would have gone for a cheaper one but it's been a while since I spent any money on the rc

2t = 2 stroke = 2 smoker = engine that wears out/blows really fast but is really fun ? jk

Well at least we are talking about the same thing . Ya I'll be the bad guy . Seems like a really stupid thing to do ,as you mentioned it's bad for the clutch for 1. Couldn't do much good for the tires either . We in the sportbike circles would call this a squid move. Ya know driving under bridges and pinning the throttle wide open just for attention .

Well at least we are talking about the same thing . Ya I'll be the bad guy . Seems like a really stupid thing to do ,as you mentioned it's bad for the clutch for 1. Couldn't do much good for the tires either . We in the sportbike circles would call this a squid move. Ya know driving under bridges and pinning the throttle wide open just for attention .
Ya pretty much, play a stupid game for a stupid prize, prize being a screwed up clutch, drivetrain, tires ect. I can admit to doing this, didn't go over well.

Ya pretty much, play a stupid game for a stupid prize, prize being a screwed up clutch, drivetrain, tires ect. I can admit to doing this, didn't go over well.
Slightly worn clutch in an RC is hardly a big deal neither is a broken drivetrain plus the mcd drivetrain seems to be pretty strong +tires started to burn engine got hot but these are all parts I have replacements for and as for the clutch nee one arrives today my neighbour's is a m.o.t garage with 1/5th scales of their own [emoji1787]so I don't understand the comments from some guys neither giving advice or saying anything relevant to the post

Someone said us in the sport bike circle and tunnels etc this is 1/5th scale rc cars ,??

The idea was to test the capability of the engine and drivetrain with maximum reasonable resistance and see what gave in to the pressure hence against a wall I use it mostly on tarmac during the winter with open front and rear diffs for drifting so I was to see if it was distributing power evenly to all 4 wheels or if I needed to stiffen the diffs and also if the engine and ball drive system could actually handle the way I drive it on tarmac I power slide corners instead of letting off the throttle so it takes a lot of abuse also to see the wear pattern as I don't use a tool to adjust my camber so I need to know my tires wear in the middle not on the outside or inside for maximum traction if you understand what I'm saying it's really not rocket science and fyi against a wall 13560 rpm with all 4 wheels spinning 24/63 gearing don't know if that's much or not wont know till I test with another engine standard type clutch burns pretty easily too at 10000 rpm as it wont fully engage against a wall till the power is increased so In my eyes it was actually good to know I am punishing the mcd to see how tough it is then I can upgrade sensibly rather than falling for unnecessary upgrades to the drive system

The idea was to test the capability of the engine and drivetrain with maximum reasonable resistance and see what gave in to the pressure hence against a wall I use it mostly on tarmac during the winter with open front and rear diffs for drifting so I was to see if it was distributing power evenly to all 4 wheels or if I needed to stiffen the diffs and also if the engine and ball drive system could actually handle the way I drive it on tarmac I power slide corners instead of letting off the throttle so it takes a lot of abuse also to see the wear pattern as I don't use a tool to adjust my camber so I need to know my tires wear in the middle not on the outside or inside for maximum traction if you understand what I'm saying it's really not rocket science and fyi against a wall 13560 rpm with all 4 wheels spinning 24/63 gearing don't know if that's much or not wont know till I test with another engine standard type clutch burns pretty easily too at 10000 rpm as it wont fully engage against a wall till the power is increased so In my eyes it was actually good to know I am punishing the mcd to see how tough it is then I can upgrade sensibly rather than falling for unnecessary upgrades to the drive system

that wouldn't simulate the resistance of the road and stuff, doing what u did will have more resistance than actually driving it flat out b cuz it when ur driving the wheels aren't spinning and being almost held in place and momentum ect. so u won't reach the peak rpm of the motor, I would have just made a little rolling road and tested that there, cuz it would simulate real-world stuff vs doing basically a burnout against a wall. IMO u should've just went to a big open field, put a rpm gauge thingy on and when flat out and the rpm gauge would tell u the max rpm reached in that run instead of overheating ur motor (possibly damaging it), risking a lot of parts, ruining tires, and doing a useless test that obviously won't give u the max rpm that u want to know. belive me, i did this, it doesn't work.

Slightly worn clutch in an RC is hardly a big deal neither is a broken drivetrain plus the mcd drivetrain seems to be pretty strong +tires started to burn engine got hot but these are all parts I have replacements for and as for the clutch nee one arrives today my neighbour's is a m.o.t garage with 1/5th scales of their own [emoji1787]so I don't understand the comments from some guys neither giving advice or saying anything relevant to the post

Someone said us in the sport bike circle and tunnels etc this is 1/5th scale rc cars ,??

still is a waste of money. also, the guy was explaining the bike/motorcycle/sportbike riders term, "squid move" which basically means a stupid move, and the tunnel thing was an example, like some motorcycle riders put the clutch in and rev the poop out of their motors in a tunnel which is a "squid move" aka stupid.

Last edited:
that wouldn't simulate the resistance of the road and stuff, doing what u did will have more resistance, so u won't reach the peak rpm. I would have just made a little rolling road and tested that there, cuz it would simulate real world stuff vs doing basically a burnout against a wall.

still is a waste of money. also, the guy was explaining the bike/motorcycle/sportbike riders term, "squid move" which basically means a stupid move, and the tunnel thing was an example, like some motorcycle riders put the clutch in and rev the poop out of their motors in a tunnel which is a "squid move" aka stupid.
I know what he was saying but it's only a waste of money if you break something and yes a rolling road would work but the burnout against the wall allowed me to see if all wheels where perfectly adjusted flat and also if torque was being distributed evenly from the front and rear diff I learnt I needed to tighten my diffs as I did earlier now all 4 will spin same time instead of a slow front right and ballooning front left of I didn't do that I wouldn't have fixed the handling problem I had when taking off on full throttle on tarmac so I benefited from it I don't do things by the book and they work for me sure if I broke something I would have had to spend but wheres the fun in having a rig that you never have to work on ?? I enjoy repairing as much as running it

I know what he was saying but it's only a waste of money if you break something and yes a rolling road would work but the burnout against the wall allowed me to see if all wheels where perfectly adjusted flat and also if torque was being distributed evenly from the front and rear diff I learnt I needed to tighten my diffs as I did earlier now all 4 will spin same time instead of a slow front right and ballooning front left of I didn't do that I wouldn't have fixed the handling problem I had when taking off on full throttle on tarmac so I benefited from it I don't do things by the book and they work for me sure if I broke something I would have had to spend but wheres the fun in having a rig that you never have to work on ?? I enjoy repairing as much as running it

i do too. i thought u were tryna test max rpm, in which case wouldn't work in that test like i said in my last post. but since u were testing suspension and diff stuff then it is a test that would work (like u said) so i was mistaken on what u were trying to do, thats a my bad

i do too. i thought u were tryna test max rpm, in which case wouldn't work in that test like i said in my last post. but since u were testing suspension and diff stuff then it is a test that would work (like u said) so i was mistaken on what u were trying to do, thats a my bad
Nah my bad lol because I names the topic as if it was all about rpm hows the engine build looking so far

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks