DBXL 2.0 Max4/560KV in DBXLE 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niz55

so is here. I cannot describe how huge and heavy this motor is. Same goes to the esc.

Motor is 70mm/125

Little challenge installing the motor. It was hitting the chassis so I had to raise the tranny/motor 3.65mm to get everything sorted out and enough room for chassis flex also.

It is absolutely super sturdy with 5 bolting points. On the other hand vitavon will be coming out next week with the correct mount and I will switch it out.

Might pick up the 7mm chassis also from them.

Got 2x 6S 9500cnhl on order running 12S. Max pinion size is 25 with this motor mount but I am sure the new mount will go higher.

PXL_20220521_232614841.jpg
PXL_20220521_233106166.jpg
PXL_20220522_045835262.jpg
PXL_20220522_045842066.jpg
PXL_20220522_064532566.jpg

Took the cover off the max4 to install mesh screen.
PXL_20220522_054358055.jpg
PXL_20220522_054403069~2.jpg
PXL_20220522_054412609.MP.jpg
PXL_20220522_064736048.jpg

Deffo a motor/esc combo for the 5iveT, Vekta, or anything else thats very heavy.
Not needed in a Dibby, it's counter productive imo. It's just adds a truck load of weight, and the kv is too low
The motor also needs to mounted on a motor mount with a clamp at the rear. That's alot of weight hanging off a couple of screws

I run the Max4 and a Leopard 58113 870kv on 12S in my 5iveB. That's a rocket on 16/58 gearing. Need to get myself the OTA and get some data readings

But yeah, nice combo though (y)

Yeah 1100kv and 20t is way overgeared anyway. Being an 8S system its always going to draw more amps and create more heat.
Volts over amps, higher voltage/lower kv = less amps, less heat, more power, longer run time. Besides, the Castle 2028 is underpowered, in fact they have less power than the Hobbywing 56112 800kv

Interesting didn't know that castle was little underpowered. My previous setup was stock motor and 17T pinion max5 and that was very good but I definitely wanted something faster just didn't like that you had to spend $200 in hyper speed fans to run the castle setup.

Not sure if this an issue but the pinion sits passed the tip of the shaft. I don't know if this going to be a problem as the force is not distributed evenly on the motor shaft. Kind of afraid the shaft might snap.

Can't push the pinion in anymore as is not going to line up with the spur.

PXL_20220522_222402080.jpg
PXL_20220522_222409096.jpg

Yeah sure do. Certainly would be a good idea with that heavy monster only hanging off 2 screw. Just choose 70mm in the options menu

The pinion should be ok, ive run plenty of cars like that. What i also do is put a smear of red loctite on the motor shaft, then slide the pinion on, and of course red on the grubscrew. They never come off, but requires heat to get it off

https://rc-car-online.de/en/products/tt_tt1021_02-tt1021-02-top-tuning-motor-clamps.html

Last edited:
those are nice mount only problem is they are not adjustable. so not sure how that is going to work if i change the pinion to different size.

those are nice mount only problem is they are not adjustable. so not sure how that is going to work if i change the pinion to different size.
Yeah true, they are a part of the Losi 5ive motor mount, which of course slides on stock gasser engine slots

Thats all i know of. I think i saw in a YT vid that Vitavon is doing some sort of mount for the Dibby and 70125 motor

Unless you can cut a couple of slots in the chassis so it slides??

Last edited:
Yeah true, they are a part of the Losi 5ive motor mount, which of course slides on stock gasser engine slots

Thats all i know of. I think i saw in a YT vid that Vitavon is doing some sort of mount for the Dibby and 70125 motor

Unless you can cut a couple of slots in the chassis so it slides??

the are coming out next week with a new mount but I don't think is going to have a rear brace. I already spoke to the person in charge and he said it is going to be a universal mount for other sizes also and the 70mm.

I was thinking shoving a rubber piece under the motor to support it during jumps and chassis movement.

Don’t know how I missed this one. Love that power. I’m running a 1100 castle and xlx 2 in my dbxle. I just might have to do this to it when the aftermarket catches up with that big can!

Great install. Oh and that pinion being the way it is won’t hurt anything. Odd the shaft is so short.

Little update. Well basically everything is vitavon except the servo tray. Even the chassis is vitavon. Got the new motor mount plate and the rear brace. The motor is super solid now. The rear brace actually does a really good job.

The losi pinion I threw away because it wasn't true and had a wobble in it. Bought me a saga racing ones and they are absolutely amazing!

PXL_20220630_031839071.jpg
were you able to figure out a solution? What is your current set up for motor mount and ESC mount? looks good

Well it is actually normal for the pinion to sit that way. I checked the stock mount and the stock 780kv motor and it is the same way.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks