MCD Clone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took my MCD MT out for its first serious thrash (radio problems have plagued previous attempts).
HOLY MOLY does it haul ass! The CY29 gives wheel spin from a standing start and top speed is way faster than I expected. Corners are a dream with the 4x4 (no spinning out) and few small jumps it took with ease. The wheels stayed where they were pointed (no flexing!). I honestly expected this thing to be clumsy and slow but I was proven wrong!

I have got a mcd monster truck also and i've run three tanks of fuel through it now and i'm still impressed how well the truck handles. I'm used to running fg monster trucks and there is no comparsion between the two. I guess thats the reason they cost so much!!! Although I will have to say the fg bodies are alot tougher than the MCD bodies. I rolled mine for the first time the smorning and it tore itself off of the rear body posts and it cracked behind the cab. :( Oh well I had a blast. Now I have to go clean it, its pretty dirty!!!!

hi and welcome here is this your first largescale then well a few tips for ye for this model anyway by all means give it a test run but not to long just so you can get the feel the monster and then take her apart if you know how and what you are doing don't worry the only way you will learn about this car is by taking her apart not for the sake of it but you will have to check that all the grub screws infact every screw that their tight and know missing screws use a good red locktight
and if you want any more tips let us know and would be glad to help or pm

hi do ye think so i bloody hope not i mean disappointing to wait 6 months for the car and then not 100% delivery parts missing ive been reading this all over the net don't they have laws over their put him in a cell for 6 months take his license away if he has one or something

It's amazing Mike don't you think?

All these guys doing the "alias" self-promotion....business must be VERY slow for them.

Thanks for the welcome

hi and welcome here is this your first largescale then well a few tips for ye for this model anyway by all means give it a test run but not to long just so you can get the feel the monster and then take her apart if you know how and what you are doing don't worry the only way you will learn about this car is by taking her apart not for the sake of it but you will have to check that all the grub screws infact every screw that their tight and know missing screws use a good red locktight
and if you want any more tips let us know and would be glad to help or pm

hi thanks for the welcome, advice taken onboard with thanks, nice to see that thers people in this link that actually want to discuss th Fs Truck , reading through it seems that theres a couple of sellers that just seem to be jumping in here to bag the truck or the sellers,(forum moderators should just remove the jokers),
Can you recomend or do you know roughly the factory settings for the carby, i let a friend tune it up and yeah doesn't run as smooth now haha, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Powerslide or Skid mark

:clown:Hello Eddie:clown:

Hi, no i do not own the website www.fsracing.com.au , I purchased a car from them and am very happy with it, as stated in my post, it seems that you have nothing to offer this forum, other than claiming that fs trucks are no good, forums are for discussing things, i don't think anybody needs to here anymore from any user that has nothing other than a biasd opinion based upon other brands that they happen to sell, go Fs Trucks

here here well said

Ive got three now and loving them i took the diffs apart and put some fg grease in and now it handles much better but i most say that if it was not for mcd with their car + innovations :2guns: we would not have this fs truck so thanks mcd oh i did get rid of the fs shocks and replaced them with mcd shocks much much better i am planning to go all alloy with my trucks and would like the baja body (asgard)

Hi, no i do not own the website www.fsracing.com.au , I purchased a car from them and am very happy with it, as stated in my post, it seems that you have nothing to offer this forum, other than claiming that fs trucks are no good, forums are for discussing things, i don't think anybody needs to here anymore from any user that has nothing other than a biasd opinion based upon other brands that they happen to sell, go Fs Trucks

Yeah whatever mate, I have had so many people say to me they regretted buying an fs I believe the public should be warned that they are cheap and nasty. An R/C forum naturally is the place to do that.:clown:

Lets face it.
God mean $$$. The more you pay the better things you will get (if you been scammed, it dos not cont). FS is cheap because it uses cheap plastic, Knockoff of a knockoff engine (It have a nock of CY witch is a nock of Zen). The engine is crap the radio is crap. But for some one how wants a cheap Big RC car it is good. Every time you brake something repeals it with MCD prate.
Every one now the truth now. If people by it is their dissection. Don’t blame any one else.
Now one will tell you that he is selling bad product. He will say that it is the best in the world.

Last edited:
I own an FS MT and have also owned an FGMT, and TBQH many of the posts here seem to be lacking in insight and some truthfullness.

Is the FS the greatest rig ever made? Hell no.
Is it the worst? An even bigger hell no.
I paid $800 for mine and for that price these trucks are well worth it for what you do get. Even if you simply use it for a roller and add all your own stuff to it, it will still be cheaper than most large scales when you are done.
Sure the radio and electronics are crap. You know what though, the same thing can be said about almost every other RTR on the market.

I have read the plastic is weak, I say BS. Does this look like weak plastic?
bent.jpg
bent1.jpg
No plastic broke, even under the tremendous stress of the turnbuckle bending. This was from a day of huge jumps and heavy crashes while trying to learn how to jump the truck.

The FS is a great entry level rig and right now mine performs incredibly well
baja.jpg

I did install a new radio and electronics, but this is pretty much required for any large scale.
I installed metal tranny gears, but again this is pretty much required for all large scales.
The engine, while not the most powerful in the hobby, is serviceable and works well enough. When it blows, get a Zen for $250
I went with the HPI high rpm clutch, but that was by choice and not neccessary.

All in all I spent about $1,500 to get my FS to the state it is above. Remove the body and rims and tires and I spent about $1,200 including the original FS cost and my truck performs beautifully.

Anyone who buys any RTR and simply starts it up and drives it is looking for disaster.
A quick tear down and re-assembly of your new FS with locktight will net you a very reliable and fun 4WD truck.
To this point the only things I have broken were two turnbuckles (bent) that I replaced with MCD brand, a body mount, plastic tranny gears and a diff due to my own negligence. That's it and I have beaten my truck without mercy.

The FS seems to get a bad rap, and TBQH, I think most of that can be chalked up to user ignorance.

In all fairness I will say I would not recommend the FS MT to someone with no prior RC experience. Though the claim on the box is RTR, you certainly do not want to run this right out of the box.
However for those who have tinkered and like to take apart their rigs before running them to catch any factory oversights, I would highly recommend the FS MT.
With a few tweaks and replacement parts, the thing is a blast to run.

Last edited:
Thanks JQuest. Nice to have some feed back and not just sledging.

Its interesting to read the various opinions on what is basically a copy. I got right into the HPI Bajas awhile back and bailed out to pursue other projects but now the RC bug has bitten again. A few mates have bought Baja copies so I went looking online for something different, CHEAP & RTR. I've done the BAJA thing and didn't really want to go back. I've already got a specty DX3R so no failsafe is not a problem. I saw the FS Racing BAJA buggy (even had HPI Baja colors, sad I know.) for less than 1/3 of what I paid for one HPI Baja (and the FS even came with a power pipe.) so I took the plunge. Its already got an Ally roll rage, 30 cc engine and metal diff. All those thing I had to add to my HPI Baja so in actual fact the FS is probably only costing me 1/4 in initial outlay. Its due here anyday. I've read all the instructions I can find and they all basically say the same thing - CHECK EVERY NUT AND BOLT BEFORE YOU RUN IT. I don't doubt they're slapped together, the price says it all, but you cant complain if you took it out of the box to beat up on without first going over it with a spanner, some grease and a little dab of loctite. I recon EVERY RC vehicle needs a good going over before the first run, not just the clones. My Bajas got stripped regularly and had everything from stripped spur gears to diff explosions so I'm not expecting a revelation from the FS Buggy. I just think it will be a good toy to test the water with to see if I have the commitment to go out and blow a couple of grand on a REAL MCD. And in the mean time if the FS is problematic the experience will be handy when I do upgrade. Besides I like to tinker... :lol:

fs baja.jpg

Plus I've got a stack of spares left from my Baja days to keep the new beast going.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks