MCD owners, need some input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally have the older Baja 1000 that still use the rose joints on the front and rear lower arms and would like to convert it to a hinge pin design. So if you could come up with a conversion kit that would use hinge pin lower arms front and rear I would be a happy camper. I know the newer Evo 3’s have the hinge pin design, but none of the earlier models do and I do not believe there is a conversion kit on the market. That is until you make it:party-time:.

Just read this and crikey darksoul you da man, as mono and yourself stated it would be good to get some of your shocks adapted to the MCD

Can't wait to see what you come up with

Hey DS,

It's great that you will be making MCD parts, IMO the MCD's are the best 4wd's out there, but too weak in the hands of club racers like myself.

Last year I raced my (original) Race Runner, and found it to be very frustrating, the car due to being largely plastic is not crashable, even a small tumble would 9 times out of 10 break something, always quick and easy to fix, but when it puts you out of a heat/final that's no compensation. Also you end up nursing the car around the track, just to try and finish.

Furthermore, the development of the evo2/3 has not been done with current MCD owners in mind, ie, to convert to new spec would be financially prohibitive, and makes any held spares obselete.

Therefore, I hope you can develop parts with strength in mind, ie lower alloy a-arms either hinged or with metal ball joints, alloy diff cases, alloy towers, with the aim towards a "bulletproof" racer.

HPI Wheel-adapters would be awesome as I am as handy as a goldfish. People have been buying XRC wheels to put the HPI tyres on, but that locks out all the HPI-rims.

Other than that im looking for stuff to improve my cars durability and handling-wise. Bling doesn't make the car run any better.

HPI Wheel-adapters would be awesome as I am as handy as a goldfish. People have been buying XRC wheels to put the HPI tyres on, but that locks out all the HPI-rims.

Other than that im looking for stuff to improve my cars durability and handling-wise. Bling doesn't make the car run any better.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Lathly...thank you for that words.....:clap:

Yep im afraid there is Biscuit. 3 different models within the last 6 months must be some kind of record!

Don't worry though as I have my doubts about how much stronger the new hinge pin design actually is. Just get yourself some nice alloy rose joints for the front lower arms and it should be just a durable.

As well, if we start to make MCD parts, we will most likely try to build for both the Evo II and III. This is sort of a risky thing to do, and we will most likely do very short runs of stuff for the Evo II, and a little larger for the III.

We plan on starting here ext week on a few things, stay tuned.

Ted

Ok Cheers, but what happens if an evo 4 comes out in another 6 months? funny how my dealer said he had only one last evo2 in stock ! thought the evo 2 was only just released and I was buying the latest car, but now I am buying a new old car if you know what I mean? very unhappy about the sutuation:(

Ok Cheers, but what happens if an evo 4 comes out in another 6 months? funny how my dealer said he had only one last evo2 in stock ! thought the evo 2 was only just released and I was buying the latest car, but now I am buying a new old car if you know what I mean? very unhappy about the sutuation:(

This is what im worried about , if i do buy an evo 3 at least it will be the new version for at least 6 months lol, all these changes must be solving issues of bits that keep breaking and better preformance, stronger, people say things when they don't have them , but if they had them they would praise them, same as shops sell you something they promote then something items they don't..:)

but I easily sunk twice that into a Baja without even blinking, and my Baja isn't nearly as pimped out as most.
I didnt need to read that :lol: to know another rc could be next to my baja keeping it company.

I cant wait to see what you come up with DS, maybe a MCD will join the fleet to sport DS products.

ive talk to largescale seems they know there mcds. its hard here in canada everyone I bash with talks about MCD's and how they want to buy one but noone will give in to be the first and show it off. noone wants to buy unless they see it infront of them first. kool to get one and get some lhs involved.

well good stuff DS, nice to see your branching out to another kool rc.:)

Evo III

Lets hope they are correct about the 5 years gents. I hate companies that use the new model cash grab !!!!

They need some good old competition to get the cost down . Too expensive for a plastic car, motor, pipe you got ocer 2000 U$ in it . Plastic???

Labour in Turkey is flippin cheap and MCD is raking the profits . These cars are worth 1000 U$ but not 2000. OVERPRICED DUE TO LACK OF COMPETITION!!

Somebody should make a good design car and sub it out in China for 1000, motor of your choice same for the pipe.

I had a baja 1000 II on order lucky I cancelled in time I would be PISSED OFF.

to pay full pop for an outdated buggy.

MCD is using us like test rats and they are geting great money for their research it should be the other way around you pay for the research and then you put a proven product on the market.

The new German design made in China looks great and it might be 4WD too.

That might be the ticket.

I see the Videos of the older Mcd s running and they seem slow ??

Hopefully the evo III is here to stay but the issues with plastic is the same.

Cost of making the alum parts is not that high you do it in cad and the cnc machine will pot a 1000 in few days .material is not expensive either.

Lets see what the new year brings to the 4WD world.

cheers,:clown::)

IMK ...what 1000 do I want and need to order..im in nor cal who do I get one from!!!!!!!!!!!!this will be more fun to race than the baja this april at are two tracks willing to give large scale a chance!!!

evo3 version ,this way you will have a new version for at least 6 months, there will be changes, its like real cars, ford cars change them every 6months ,new models or extra gimicks, like alloys , lights that turn on , wipers that turn on, can you imagine someone buying a ford focus ST. £25.000 and six months later they revised the body, at least our toys are not as dear as real cars :)

Last edited:
Well I am going to hold fire untill MCD sort there act out ! wish I had found this forum before I thought about buying a Race Runner, lucky for me otherwise I would of been really upset at spending £800 on a yesterdays car. I think the price of the cars has come down, my rally Blue Line when it first came out was around £1350 without a motor, but with FG and HPI being so much cheaper I am sure they have had to bring the price down, still expensive for what you get but like you say what else is out there ?? so now I will wait.
Biscuit

Well I am going to hold fire untill MCD sort there act out ! wish I had found this forum before I thought about buying a Race Runner, lucky for me otherwise I would of been really upset at spending £800 on a yesterdays car. I think the price of the cars has come down, my rally Blue Line when it first came out was around £1350 without a motor, but with FG and HPI being so much cheaper I am sure they have had to bring the price down, still expensive for what you get but like you say what else is out there ?? so now I will wait.
Biscuit

i would take the gamble , if you don't next time , say evo4 does come out, you may say , ill wait for evo 5, at this stage you will have missed loads of fun ,look how quick the digital world is going, theres something new every week for computers, live for today not tomorrow , the world end could end soon ,hope not i want ago of my evo 3 lol , :)

i would take the gamble , if you don't next time , say evo4 does come out, you may say , ill wait for evo 5, at this stage you will have missed loads of fun ,look how quick the digital world is going, theres something new every week for computers, live for today not tomorrow , the world end could end soon ,hope not i want ago of my evo 3 lol , :)

No I got plenty of other cars to have fun with, and when I think MCD have got it right I will buy one, there is also the value of the car when you want to sell it, nobody wants to buy an outdated model, no rush I will wait now and see if MCD can sort themselves out.
Biscuit

ok ,i will let you know how i go on with my evo3 when i get it, look at the hpi baja they did new parts for months infact they still doing now..enjoy, what other buggys do you have are they petrol or nitro , :)

re biscuit choice

I think you are 100% correct brother.

You live today true but not to buy a pile of plastic that fall apart to have to give it away in the next six months????

Some guys that have the evo II or RR will have to look hard to find a buyer and you lose your shirt on a used outdated cars. I feel sorry for them.

FG puts out a car and it is in for years to stay doesn't fall apart at jumps either.

Lack of R&D RR and evo II.

I think Everyone should wait so they get their act together and test these evoIII to see if the design is better.

I kind of lost confidence in mcd till I see a SOLID PRODUCT PROVEN TOO!!!!

Little changes are ok if upgrades are not too much$$ but DO IT RIGHT FIRST TIME MCD .

I HOPE SINAN READS THIS OR SOMEONE POINTS IT TO THE MCD DESIGN TEAM.

ALUNINIUM GEAR BRACKET should be STANDARD AS PLASTIC MELTS from heat so why sell it that way bad material from the begining.

THE EVO II SHOULD HAVE ALL THE LATEST UPGRADES DONE TO IT NOT MOVED TO THE EVO III ..... CASH GRAB GUYS THAT IS ALL

Also the race track in England is very mild almost like an on road car ??

If Sinan uses that track to test his cars they never really get tested as most off road tracks will have more jumps and bumps ,dirt, ruts

Here is my crystal Ball they will test the evo III at the nooks in few months more guys will buy the new evo III those customers will put the cars through a more bit more jumps and abuse only to realize that the front hinges are too week and the plastic is too thin . Oops ! Here is an upgrade. for the eVo III

TEST THE CARS and don't USE THE CUSTOMERS AS LAB RATS!!!

:nono::nono::no::no:

IMK ...what 1000 do I want and need to order..im in nor cal who do I get one from!!!!!!!!!!!!this will be more fun to race than the baja this april at are two tracks willing to give large scale a chance!!!

Hey Flea, go here - http://www.largescalerc.com/

He is suppose to have his order of Evo III in any time now. I would call and get one reserved if you are serious about it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks