MCD owners, need some input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the original racerunner, yes its outdated but I'm sure I'll find a buyer at the right price if i want to sell it.

I applaud MCD for moving forward and changing their design, all they are doing is listening to the current owners and learning from the mistakes and trying to give everyone who buys them the best car for their money.

Also guys with the cheap FS clones being a knockoff of the original RR they are keeping one step in front of the clones.

Bring on some R&D MCD - people will whinge if you stagnate and they will whinge if you innovate so do whats best for the future customers and give them the best package possible.

I'm sure darksoul will help out the current owners with upgrade parts

Last edited:
DarkSoul,
One upgrade I would like is a bearing supported steering system. The current servo savers on the MCD'S are not bearing supported. The other day while driving my Baja 1000 (non evo version) I noticed the steering was really poor. So, today I broke the steering down and the problem was I had build up in the servo saver assembly and they were very hard to turn, I had to use pliers to force the two pieces apart. I don't know if any one else has had this problem, but I know a bearing supported steering system would give a much smoother operation. Below is a picture of the parts I am referring to.
View attachment 1082

Last edited:
input

Does the new evo III have bearings installed from factory ??

Why wouldnt the mcd engineers copy the rest of the world and do it right from the getgo. heavy car can use bearings to smooth out the steering and ensure longevity.

The more I read of problems like these the clearer the picture that mcd is not a design firm just want to be's.

I hope the MCD boys can read some of the problems customers are dealing with and correct them .

They should be offering very reasonable ( at their cost) upgrades to their design problems so customers will be happy with the cars.

MCD cars are not cheap to start with . What is the cost of putting a bearing into the servo saver instead of the plastic or brass bushing. the bearing is no more than 1 dollar at their prices . Stop cutting corners

MCD Do it Right WE ARE NOT YOUR TEST RATS!!!!!!

They need some competition to clean up their act.

I don't mean to sound like a hater but these issues are just MCDs crappy design and neglegence .

Do IT RIGHT .

cheers

Does the new evo III have bearings installed from factory ??

Why wouldnt the mcd engineers copy the rest of the world and do it right from the getgo. heavy car can use bearings to smooth out the steering and ensure longevity.

The more I read of problems like these the clearer the picture that mcd is not a design firm just want to be's.

I hope the MCD boys can read some of the problems customers are dealing with and correct them .

They should be offering very reasonable ( at their cost) upgrades to their design problems so customers will be happy with the cars.

MCD cars are not cheap to start with . What is the cost of putting a bearing into the servo saver instead of the plastic or brass bushing. the bearing is no more than 1 dollar at their prices . Stop cutting corners

MCD Do it Right WE ARE NOT YOUR TEST RATS!!!!!!

They need some competition to clean up their act.

I don't mean to sound like a hater but these issues are just MCDs crappy design and neglegence .

Do IT RIGHT .

cheers

Mate if MCD fitted bearings in the steering then you would cry because they have made yet ANOTHER change from original, now that they keep it the same they are still at fault :nono: .

If you want the perfect RC car you may have to design it yourself!!!

By the way FG don't fit bearings in the steering setup for their MT's (not sure about the rest as I only own an MT) so they must be really poor as well.

This is a case of you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't. At least they are moving on and trying to listen to their customers, now they might read this and bring out an evo IV (which they will then be bagged for!!!!) but at least they would be doing something, how long since FG have addressed any of the weak points in their design, people just except them and go and buy the upgrade parts.

Get over it people and don't buy an MCD if you don't like them, just don't jump on any bandwagon going and bag them for everything they do or don't do, take a stance and stick with it - you can't have your cake and eat it too.

And if you think the price is too much go buy a junker clone and see how you fare with it and its brittle plastics.

All I know is that it is nice to see some more after market support for these cars, especially from a company like Dark Soul.

input

All I am saying is MCD should of addressed these servo saver bearing issues to the new EVOIII . It would be nice to see one more improvement.

If we ask maybe they will do it how about all at once.

The hinge pins should be the evo II upgrade after so many evoI complains.

cheers

input

I agree with that. Labrats is true. too many improvements over too short period of time. Do it once and right.

For the boys with the evo one there should be one upgrade package to take it to the evo III level reasonable price too.

A product looses its value as company changes it too frequent.

Easy, you have some good points.

I'm an ex MCD owner (original Race Runner) because of 3 new models in less than a year, with no thought to existing owners.

I had invested many hundreds of pounds in spares and wheels/tyres that would have been redundant if I converted to any of the EVO models, plus there wasn't a factory conversion kit to do so.

Plus I know of at least one retailer that kept back EVO III's until they had sold their stock of EVO II's, understandable from a business perspective, but not good for the buyer.

IMO, MCD's after sales support is non existant, so they will not get any more of my hard earned cash.

But that will make us all MCD's labrats won't it? Ya gotta be consistent dude.

I was being sarcastic, I don't think we are labrats at all.

I like evolution, others fear change. I can understand "Isle of Wight's" point but I cannot understand your beef with MCD "easy", don't buy one if you don't like them

input

Too late for that it is coming . EVO III

At least most bugs are worked out by now and we can jump the buggy NO FEAR

The dealers holding back the III are not very nice either Give the sustomer a choice . Mcd should take the old ones back and upgrade them so the dealer can sell the Evo III .

Once again there is no Competition and MCD Does what they desire.

Lets get some aftermarket parts going now Dark soul .

Carbon chassis, alum. gear mount, carbon servo tray, wheel adapters, different springs, alum. arms, alloy driveshafts just to name a few.

Regards

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks