mesh mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirby

just bought a losi kit and a Zenoah 320 engine.
Does anybody still do the mesh mod on the engine anymore?
please advise thx D

The outerwear is very good. Once the bottom of the engine is full of grass, with the mesh it blocks the holes. With the outerwear it's still able to pull air in from higher up and the outwear stands clear of the crankcase vents.
It's a joke how much they charge for it but we'll worth fitting the outerwear imho..

The outerwear is very good. Once the bottom of the engine is full of grass, with the mesh it blocks the holes. With the outerwear it's still able to pull air in from higher up and the outwear stands clear of the crankcase vents.
It's a joke how much they charge for it but we'll worth fitting the outerwear imho..
That's certainly the case with a Baja, but not a Losi

The underside of the engine area will fill up with grass, it will get packed sort of like it does in the fan cover, around the coil and around the head under the cowl. Still some means of preventing unwanted objects entering the blower housing is better than none. I thought about cutting up a washable HVAC air filter and shoving that in some areas to prevent larger objects like grass from packing in.

Not sure how good these are. RBinovations has a kit for Losi and Baja (different kit). Not sure if it will fit larger engines as it is sized for up to a 29cc. Looks like the Losi kit only has a foam insert for the back side of the fan, no cross over pipe.

https://rbinnovations.com/collectio...products/pull-start-filter-system-losi-5ive-t

That's certainly the case with a Baja, but not a Losi
Not had any issue with the 5t/DNT m8 with over heating because of grass build up with the g4z racing Evo 32.
At bashfest last August after every tank the car was full with dry grass but the crankcase outerwear worked a treat. I was more concerned about the grass around the pull start prefilter (cheap non outerwear).

im looking currently at mesh mod because outerwear(im just using panyhose, same *** just 50x cheaper) causes overheating problem.
Drive more than 5 minutes, it all gets clogged with dry grass, sand and all kind of sh*t, and yesterday it was 30* outside, and engine head got over 160*C so way more than im comfortable with, also i observed very perceptible loss of power the more you drive.
set her rich asf earlier for that very reason, but still thats the temps she getting :/
So im wondering what size of mesh is optimal for letting just enough sh*t into fan/flywheel and not breaking fan blades. im thinking between 2.5-4.5mm mesh, most sold on amazon are 1mm, so im afraid thats too small openings it will also get clogged with stuff just like pantyhose

ye i know im just wondering about optimal caliber, free space between wires, i know 1mm is too little, and i know more than 5mm would be prolly too big 🤔

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks