mini mill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey griffith,
I own that proxxon MF70. It is an amazing machine!! If I were to do it again though I would go to harborfreight.com and get the one they have. They will both run you about $300 but the harbor freight one is a little bit bigger. When I first got mine I thought I would not neet a bigger one. Now I regret it. Also, if you need good bits order online at www.mcmaster.com they are awsome.
Good luck

Thanks for the advice I will probably wait till next fall to purchase one as during the summer I do not have much time to play with my berg let alone trying to machine parts, but I have always had an interest in messing with a mill so I am definitely going to get one next fall. Maybe a birthday present from my wife as she likes to buy me toys for my birthday.

The smaller machines do fine with materials like aluminum and plastic. High grade steels will push them to thier limits. For hobby purposes they are perfect. :) Depending on budget and space, you can pick up a full size, good condition, used Bridgeport mill for $1,000 and up. Then you can even bore cylinders, do medium to large jobs, work with steel and titanium alloys and make almost anything you need. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks