Minxy's Redcat Rampage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the truck crawling along on it's own? if so sounds like the clutch is engaging at idle...broken spring or a shoe has come unglued

if bogging for lack of fuel then vent your fuel tank cap...the ramp like old MCD has poor fuel tank venting

Nooo i've not sorted it yet as it's always dark by the time i get home from work so will have a look at it this weekend

The truck ran the 1st tank through great, then as the engine started to lossen up abit the following symptoms appeared :

The truck starts and pulls off ok, but if you then brake to stop the truck and leave the transmitter in the neutral position, the truck starts to pull itself along and you have to brake to bring it to a pause then it chokes, bog's down as stall's :(

Just makes me wonder if i now need to start tuning it, as the truck is still at factory setting.

:)

defo your clutch, sweet thing is engine is out of the ramp in a blink of an eye...pull the motor and check your clutch spring and shoes...also i've seen the shoe bolt washers on wrong so the clutch will open but then not close...however if you were running ok it's either the spring or a shoe has come of and is jamming up ...it shouldn't engage until 6000rpm with a stock spring

Ok - i've just taken the engine out and the clutch shoes and spring all appear fine ............................. :huh:

guess i have to look towards tuning again :blink:

@ fastlane
:clown:- got no husband - last boyfriend sent packing before christmas -cheating sod he was - im just a mechanic / car loving lassy :clown:

clutch looks fine minxy......are the photos taken directly above the clutch as it seems set to one side of the housing ........when you have the cluch bell on does the bell spin freely......if so sounds maybe a weak cluch spring or you have your idle a little high

hmmm cheating boy friends :boat:i have heard of those ....smile

Ok - i've just taken the engine out and the clutch shoes and spring all appear fine ............................. :huh:

guess i have to look towards tuning again :blink:

@ fastlane
:clown:- got no husband - last boyfriend sent packing before christmas -cheating sod he was - im just a mechanic / car loving lassy :clown:

geeeeeeezzzzee:nono: poor minxy without a guy

maybe if we had a picture of her we could do a dating thing:clown::clown:

we know she is short and skinney and can make bacon butties:)

Thinking i'll get a red spring ordered and fitted then refit the engine and see how things go - if it still continues with problem then i guess its the needles

:clown: :clown: :clown:

Ha Ha Ha

You guys are too funny :)

fixing 1:1 car tomorrow - 2 new front wishbones and a rear coil spring ....................... i seem to be having problems with springs at the mo :clown:

Thanks you lot :)

Back