Modification to modified rc center diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm happy with it. Also have MIP super diff installed. Was thinking while jumping the brakes could bind and cause unwanted pitch in the air.

I have a 2.0 with a modified diff tower and I may do the same. How'd you drill and tap. Im curious because my vekts could really use this as the rcr disc likes to flap around and bund the disc

I just installed the gear side with bearing and brakes installed. Then lined up the guide where it would work drilled the hole with the matching bit to the tap set in a drill press. Then tapped it. Repeated for the other side. Not to much of a flat area on one side. It works great now. I could tip it in all directions while spinning and would continue to spin. Before would stop abruptly.

Rcr Brakes were binding/catching when the diff was tipped forward or back. I added their 1.0 brake guides to their 2.0 diff tower.
Did you ditch the brake shoe springs for disc clearance? I tried the RCR brakes on my 2.0 with the modified tower and the springs got in the way. I went back to stock.

Did you ditch the brake shoe springs for disc clearance? I tried the RCR brakes on my 2.0 with the modified tower and the springs got in the way. I went back to stock.
No the disk was to large to allow to keep the springs on. So I ended up doing the spring mod on the brake linkage to keep the lever from making contact on the brake pad.
I run modified rc booted discs without springs..no issues you'll be fine
I looked at those after I had the RCR. I like the idea of greasing the cups. I bought a can of Blaster silicone spray I thought of using on the driveshafts and dog bone. Not sure if it is a good idea or not though.

Attachments

• IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
No the disk was to large to allow to keep the springs on. So I ended up doing the spring mod on the brake linkage to keep the lever from making contact on the brake pad.
Details on the spring mod? Looks like maybe just some springs from a ball point pen, some rubber grommets and a sleeve on the end of the rods?

If your brakes are set up right there's no need for springs in the rod to keep them from making contact when your on throttle.
Agreed. But in my head I thinking it keeps pressure levers all the time. In turn keeping them from make any contact to the brake pads
Details on the spring mod? Looks like maybe just some springs from a ball point pen, some rubber grommets and a sleeve on the end of the rods?
Yes. Since there is no room for springs between the pads. I though I would keep the lever making connect at any time other than braking.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks