Monster OUCH!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that sucks mate :(
a bit of gentle heat and they should straighten out fine :)
mind you theres always someone worse of than you! :
squashedfg.jpg

What happened?:eek:hmy:

Simon

I think for now I'm going with the spring idea.I did it on my hammer and don't seem to have any probs:cool2:

Can't you use a standard fail safe on it? A standard fail safe can be used with a 2ch radio am or fm and still prevents a run away when radio signal is lost.

This is what I'm talking about http://cgi.ebay.com/Ofna-Mini-Fails...ryZ34063QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

FastEddy had them at one time but I can't find them on his site....Do you still have them Eddy?

Last edited:
Frumpy, Mtroniks make a very nice Failsafe that is Small, easily programmed, and not only functions on low signal but can also be set up for low rx battery failsafe too. i paid arount 20 each from a seller in the UK, but im sure you can find them stateside. they are small too bout the size of a nickle with a lead off each end.

T, there is a failsafe in the MB now.I remember seeing the battery door popped open a little and seeing a low signal on the LED lights on the tx and the truck wouldn't move.I snapped the door closed and got full signal and next thing I know I've got a runaway,I don't Know WTF happened I paniced and should have shut the tx off but didn't:( The failsafe worked with the tx turned off I tried that b4 I started it.Like I said WTF:no:

hmpf. thats pretty freaky? lma what radio you using on it again?
you say you seen a low singal on the led lights> just for clarity, the Signal or the Battery Level? i only ask cuz i often say one and mean the other.

im not wondering if you have some water in one or more connections by chance and caused a short between the no and go leads?

ya shutting off the Tx is SO NOT RIGHT in our minds way of thinking, especially with a 1000.00 or more model running 40 weighing in at 30 lbs, and your GUNNA SHUT OFF THE TX. the mind just IGNORES those silly commands..lol even though the subconcious KNOWS its the RIGHT THING TO DO....lol
but i too want to adapt a strong spring return, but i think with digital servos, a spring return may not be strong enough to pull the throatle closed, i know the stock spring on the carby isnt.

T,I have a magnum jr the LED's are actually the battery level.I got new parts comming for the beetle but now I'm a little gun shy on even taking it out again until I can figure out why it did this:nono: When I was out running there is a couple of small snow piles left and I was running and jumping over those,but can't see where it would have gotten wet enough to cause this.:(
Like I said I was only standing 10 ft away and was getting no response from the tx,closed the battery door and BAM gone.I'm definateley going with the spring but that will only work for loss of power,it will never pull the servo and throttle closed with any power to it.I can't even use a kill switch without getting a new radio as this one is only 2 channel.

Last edited:
honesly, at this point, i gotta point a finger at it was a Hard signal Glitch. every thing your describing sounds very much like it. typically caused by the ignition system and proximity to the rx. you may be able to relocate the rx.
check for metal to metal rubbing as this too can/will cause glitching. things like a servo pushrod makeing contact with the motor can do this.
im gonna call this one the dreaded ignition System Glitch. so far the only remedy that appears to be a cure is 2.4.

A standard failsafe will work with 2 channel as you just plug the throttle servo into it then the failsafe into the receiver. I have gone Spektrum now though which has it built in but also you don`t get glitches well worth the investment for the price.
Guy

I agree with Borley - a Spektrum is well worth the money for any R/C and I'd say even more so with large scale as there is a possibility of more "radio noise" and the built in fail-safe is pretty cool as well.

-Michael

Just make sure nothing gets reversed when programming your Spektrum. That happened to me, I am still not sure how it happened. I programmed it, took my MT out and next thing you know blaaaaaaaaap WOT for about 100 yards and smash, right into a telephone pole. I stood there in aww as I watched it take off, I probably looked like a fool playing with the remote as I was yelling at it to stop:)
Has that happened to anyone else? How do you solve this problem?

Pray!. lol depending one how it was set. turning off the controller will go to failsafe, but it wont matter if shiz is backwards. just more WOT. lol

Just make sure nothing gets reversed when programming your Spektrum. That happened to me, I am still not sure how it happened. I programmed it, took my MT out and next thing you know blaaaaaaaaap WOT for about 100 yards and smash, right into a telephone pole. I stood there in aww as I watched it take off, I probably looked like a fool playing with the remote as I was yelling at it to stop:)

Just make sure, that if your servos are reversed, that your need to REprogramm your Failsave mode. ^just means if you changed your throttle servos setup from regular to REV you have to reset and bind your rc sys again, im driven a DX2.0 and a DX3.0 with my truck and they both have a little problem: if you turn on your truck first time, until its found the reciever its on full acc. just as little side announcement. don't turn on your truck and start the motor and hit your remote later, that will cause immediate full acc and so the truck is gone. p.s. i build me for that also an Motor stop Failsave, on the DX 3.0 i can turn of the engine with the 3 channel, on the DX2.0 the engine shuts of by battery lost or voltage below 4.5 volts. greets

Yeah i had to reverse both my servos then rebind the receiver because it would throttle in stead of braking when turning the tranny off! Have most people had to reverse there Hi-Tec servos?
Thanks
Guy

I'm going to be swinging by the LHS to see if they can figure it out. I'm so annoyed with it. I am ready to swap back to FM radio and just use a plug-in fail safe.
We'll see how things go. I'll drop by later with an update.

I had a similar problem but it never got to that point. My servo went crazy with a mind of its own. Check it out maybe the same thing?
Click here to watch Problem-with-Servo

Holy Shmoly that seems to be what happened to mine, except I couldnt steer it. Mine was unfortunate enough to happen while I was using it though:(.

I just got back from my LHS and he spent a while getting everything back to specs. I am hoping everything goes well when I take it out. I'm a little nervous.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks