Monticello IL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee M

We are in the process of putting some finishing touches on a large scale off road track in Monticello IL.
We are hosting an open house on June 3rd, the Horizon Hobby RC Fest on the June the 10th and the first competition event on July 21st through 23rd.

Lee M.

2017%20ELI%20FIELD%20FUN%20FLY%2011x17-B%202017_zpsmucj9l7t.jpg
RC%20Fest_zps42gzbanx.jpg
At Horizon RC Fest, our guests are a part of the action. Activities will include Try-Me radio control activities that feature airplanes, drones and flight simulators, along with Rock Crawler challenges and off-road ECX® Amp® racing. Exciting FPV ride-along chances and FPV race viewing stations featuring national-level race competitors will be on station. Amateurs and experts in the hobby will be demonstrating rip-roaring car action, as well as flights of fancy with aircraft and helicopters that stretch the imagination. There will be all kinds of surprises along the way, with daylight and nighttime air shows choreographed to musical accompaniment.

There’s something for everyone, even without a transmitter in hand. Sales and displays of industry-leading RC product will be showcased with purchase specials only available at the show. All the planning has been done for you, as local food services will be on hand to offer refreshment.

For more information visit www.HorizonRCFest.com

2017%20Off-Road%20Blast%20Flyer%203_zpsxzzs3nsa.jpg

Looks like this is going to be an awesome event @Lee M, please post pictures of the event when you can. Any live streams?

Horizon Hobby will be doing live feeds during the RC Fest event. We may be doing a feed via Live RC during the 1/5th event in July.

OK guys, attached are a few pics from yesterday. I hope to have a panoramic shot by tomorrow. At this point all looks good for the Open House this Saturday and the Horizon RC Fest on the 1/10th. New AMB system is here and I will have an addition 10 loaner transponders for the Dirt Blast in July. May have it up and running this weekend for some mock races during the day. Note that there is a smaller 1/10th track in the near center currently. This area will be modified for 1/5th use before the dirt Blast. Don't have any images of the drivers stand yet but we have a 40ft. shipping container with a canopy left to install yet.Plenty of AC power available as well.

Hate to say it but now we need some rain to settle things in a bit.

M3%20raceway%201_zps4jntdcpb.jpg
M3%20raceway%202_zpsjjcddati.jpg
M3%20raceway%204_zpsbo5dmi8y.jpg
M3%20raceway%206_zpsqsa3gbgj.jpg
M3%20raceway%208_zps3t6lld14.jpg
M3%20raceway%209_zpstpspubna.jpg

Thank you. Its been a lot of work and I am very proud of things so far. Still much more to accomplish though.

I am working with Horizon so that we will have parts available for sale at the track during the Dirt Blast. Of course we can only support Losi and TLR brand vehicles.

I know that a number of people are in need of some idea of what the racing schedule will look like at Eli Field for 2018.
Here is something that is pretty much set in stone.

1. June 1-3 2018 - TBA (classes yet to be determined. This may be a 1/10th, 1/8th or 1/5th scale event)
2. July 20-22 2018 - 1/5th scale Dirt Blast.
3. August 25 – 26 1/8th scale Summer Fest.
4. September 14-16 – 1/5th scale Fall Fest.

Also, in case you have any interest, the 1/5th scale US Championships are tentatively scheduled for June 8-10 in Monroe WI.
Canadian 1/5th scale Nationals are scheduled for August 3-5.

I'll create something a bit more polished soon. but this will allow those that need to put in for vacation the ability to get that taken care of.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks