Motor locked up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRC

Damn! Rampage MT V3 motor didn't make it through break-in cycles.
Took the motor apart and found wrist pin needle bearing broke in pieces. Starting to hate gas already and it's my first gas RC.
Debating on brushless conversion or Renoah G320. I love brushless, so much easier operate and maintain.

Yeah, brushless would be high but more power and ease of usage. If I go w G320 long block, would original parts transfer over?

OK. Thx. I'll order a long block and clutch housing. Will give gas another try. Was looking Rovan and KM Baja trucks but now I'm not sure if I want another gas RC. :)

Damn! Rampage MT V3 motor didn't make it through break-in cycles.
Took the motor apart and found wrist pin needle bearing broke in pieces. Starting to hate gas already and it's my first gas RC.
Debating on brushless conversion or Renoah G320. I love brushless, so much easier operate and maintain.
G320 ftw.

in this game like all hobbies/sports/life you get what you pay for. good thing are not cheap ....cheap things are not good.
oh make sure you order the right clutch housing if you are buy from ddm there are 2 to choose from
I know this hobby too well and it's costing me my retirement. :-(. I also fly planes and drones, and RC boats too. :).

Fortunately, I'm an auto tech. I have more than enough tools to work on a 2 stroke motor. But I did buy a piston stopper, don't have that one. :). Thx for the heads-up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks