Motul micro 2T oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MonsterAir that's the goal, the build up with the 927 is crazy. I'd say I get anywhere from .010 thousandths to .020 thousandths build up from 1 gallon and that I'm just not ok with granted if we ran 32:1 I'd safely bet it would be less.

If you are worried by buildup get a good racing 2T stroke oil but instead of poopy pump gas run it on 4 stroke alkylate fuel instead. That makes a real difference.

Alright so I'm going to drag this oil thread back up. Here's the results from switching from castor 927 to the motul micro 2t oil. Yea I'm about 1Liter in and I'm going to buy more, the piston on the left is motul and the piston on the right is castor 927. This is about 5 hours run time on each piston.20230724_221813.jpg

Alright so I'm going to drag this oil thread back up. Here's the results from switching from castor 927 to the motul micro 2t oil. Yea I'm about 1Liter in and I'm going to buy more, the piston on the left is motul and the piston on the right is castor 927. This is about 5 hours run time on each piston.View attachment 92609
Did the 927 make the sides of the piston and exhaust port look like the crown? A hard layer of carbon on the crown isn't a problem as long as it reaches an equilibrium and isn't crusty / flakey. Carbon on the piston walls and exhaust port is far more concerning. Especially if the exhaust port carbon is making contact with the piston.

No i didn't let it build up to that point, I was just not happy with how much was building up on the piston. The castor 927 is great with lubrication but I don't think it's good for us at the 25:1 ratio. Plus I was worried it would build and hit the top of the cylinder at the squish band.

No i didn't let it build up to that point, I was just not happy with how much was building up on the piston. The castor 927 is great with lubrication but I don't think it's good for us at the 25:1 ratio.
I've not seen any castor oil that was clean burning. They usually end up making the piston and cylinder walls look like they are covered in melted caramel. Nasty shìt.

It's called polymerizing. Castor and some ester synthetics will turn to a polymer like coating on the surfaces if they get to a certain temp.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks